Peavey tube amps

• Thread starter Deathmetal94564
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Deathmetal94564

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can find a used one for under 500? Valvekings are cool but i want a better clean and distortion ( Based on sound demos I've heard) with that said anyone know where I can find maybe a XXX combo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Keep a close eye on eBay, Craig's List, and Kijiji/eBay Classifieds.

Soopahmahn

Tu ne cede malis
Reaction score

Forced Chaos

Reaction score
You should be able to get an Ultra+ head for under 500.

Yup or an XXX.....I see them all the time for sale on CL you just have to be patient and have money ready when the deals pop up. There's a 5150 sig head on the Dallas CL right now for $550.

slayerrulesyo

Reaction score
Yup or an XXX.....I see them all the time for sale on CL you just have to be patient and have money ready when the deals pop up. There's a 5150 sig head on the Dallas CL right now for $550.

Hey that's my amp xD

To OP: I went to guitar center today and saw a peavey ultra for 300 bucks used!! I'd buy it if i had the cash, check used.guitarcenter.com to see if its available online..should be

EDIT: NVM, op is banned, probably won't be around by then

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can find a used one for under 500? Valvekings are cool but i want a better clean and distortion ( Based on sound demos I've heard) with that said anyone know where I can find maybe a XXX combo?

But you haven't actually tried a VK in person; who knows, you may like it.

JPhoenix19

Playing life by ear
Reaction score
I frequently surf GuitarCenter's used site, where you can browse current used inventory of all their locations in the US. I frequently find better deals there than on CL or Ebay

slapnutz

Reaction score
I've heard that VK can sound quite a bit better with simple tube swap? ... any truth in this?

GuitaristOfHell

The Optimist Prime.
Reaction score
all depends on what you throw in them really. I haven't played one since last year but I think my friend had dropped some EL34's in it? Not 100% sure right now.

')