Peavey vypyr 75/150 + sanpera pedal

• Thread starter BananaDemocracy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BananaDemocracy

8 String Impaler
Reaction score
I was looking for a very good, older modeling amp as a “beater” and for throwing in the trunk when there’s a jam session where I don’t care if it gets banged up a little

It was between line 6 and Peavey and I wanted to know what members may think of the Vypyr 75/150 with a sanpera pedal

I found 2 locally for under $200 and the pedals are highly rated

Any likes or dislikes . Thx

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
For nostalgia's sake I'd just grab a Vetta combo. Those things could throw the fuck down live. Loud as hell and reliable.

They come up, usually with Longboard too, for $250 to $350.

Sorry, can't say much about the Vypyr. The few times I've tried the series I never walked away with too strong of an opinion. Folks seem to really dig the 5150 model on the, go figure, so I'm sure they'd be great if that's the tone you're looking for.

BananaDemocracy

8 String Impaler
Reaction score
Thank you Max. I’ll check for one locally to see(even if the options available )

And yes, I thought the 5150 would be a nice break from the usual Mesa , but the Peavey vypyr apparently also has a Mesa Single rectifier model that was said to sound better than all other modelers .... and the example vid I saw a while ago was very convincing so it stuck with me all thee years

But thanks for other options (YouTube :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Synllip

Cyan
Reaction score
I still have a Vypyr 30 that I play from time to time, which is the same as the 75 but with lower wattage, and it actually sounds really good for a solid state modeling amp!
There's tons of effects built and tweaks you can use and it gets loud.
My favorite Vypyr amp preset is the Rec, I like it, it's beefy. :D