Pedal board help

• Thread starter Ichabod
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ichabod

Reaction score
Hey I'm a new member but i have used this site in the past for info and it has been really helpful. The community seems really cool.

Anyways.....

So i recently completed acquiring all of the pedals i think i need. Here is the signal chain in order from guitar to amp

Guitar to:
boss dd7 delay
Isp Decimator
boss ns2
Bbe sonic stomp (in ns2 loop)
Maxon 0d9 pro plus (also in ns2 loop)
then out of the loop i have:
Tone bone aby peal ( boss tuner hooked up to the tuner out)
mxr phase 90
Ditto looper
Digitech Whammy
Then amp (original 5150 into Orange cab)

My question is Kinda broad, I dont know anything about midi switching and im assuming thats what im gonna need to do to get this working in a live format and still be quick on the changes. Any advice on brands of midi switchers or a place where i can read a how to for setting one up.... Any info is helpfull as im basically starting from newb status

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sephael

Divine Paradøx
Contributor
Reaction score
Unless you are absolutely loving your tone, you might want to start with rethinking pedal order and placement.

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
Put the delay as the last thing in the loop and the whammy as the first into the front. Pitch modulation stuff tracks better at the front, and the gates will cut off your delay repeats if they come after the delay pedal.

I'd go:
guitar
tuner
whammy
decimator
Maxon OD
NS-2
front of amp

fx loop send
ns-2 loop in/out
DD-7
ditto looper
fx return

I think I speak for most people on here when I say that the 5150 definitely doesn't need or want the sonic stomp haha but try it out in various places if you really want to. Not sure about the Phase 90 either, but that would be best just after the whammy IIRC.

Sephael

Divine Paradøx
Contributor
Reaction score
and the looper position depends entirely on what you want the recorded loop to do: Last in line will record your playing exactly with no changes to it as you play over it. Earlier in the chain and you can turn off effects/distortion and they will no longer effect the recorded part either.

Ichabod

Reaction score
For some reason when i plug anything into my fx loop of my amp it makes the whole thing really quiet, Not sure if something is wrong or im just retarded. As far as the sonic stomp it is by far the best thing for this amp. Make a noticeable difference. The delay comment makes allot of sense tho because of the gate. The sonic stomp and the maxon are in the loop of the ns2 because it seemed to not really gate anything when it was just a strait line signal path. When i had the whammy first it seemed to sap my tone. Last not so much. Ill try a few different orders tonight and get back to you guys. Thanyou for the input. Alos been doing some research on loop controllers, anyone used a mastermind or a croc tail ?

Ichabod

Reaction score

here are some recent jam room recordings of the signal chain. Im also playing with my buddie on a line 6 spider. But you can tell witch one he is in the mix. Im in the left speaker.

')