Pedal dilemma. .

• Thread starter Hellfury
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hellfury

Black F***ing Metal!
Reaction score
just go straight into the amp and take your time from there. you have years to try to figure out the wide world of guitar :)

True that. . .basics first:agreed:. .mustn't get over-ambitious:nono::lol:

Personally, I'd go...

Guitar---tuner---compressor----wah+distortion (experiment with which way round you want them, as that's purely a matter of taste)---amp.

...and throw the chorus, then the delay/looper in your effects loop.

A good rule of thumb with your effects (although nothing's an absolute) is anything that affects gain (compressors and distortion) first, then modulation (chorus, phaser, flanger, tremolo), and delay/reverb last.

Also, experiment with whether you want to get your distortion by using a pedal to distort a sparkly clean amp, or whether you want to rely on the amp's gain, and use a pedal to drive it a little harder (by turning the level up, and gain down on the pedal, and running it into an already distorted amp).

A lot of this is just taste I'm afraid, so your best bet would probably be to just bottle down and spend an afternoon experimenting.

Order is what confused me the most:squint:
and I shall do so:agreed:

There's an LTD Behemoth Signature guitar @ www.drumcityguitarland.com thought you might be interested

awesome thank you:hbang: . .I might very well get it :cool: and it's even more awesome 'cause they have both 6 and 7 string versions:agreed:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

diseasewithin

Reaction score
Many people have multiple Overdrives in a chain....They each are set to different tones either "in" for a different situation, crushed mesa facepeeling with one, gentle jazzy creme with another...or stacked where multiples are on at once set differently to make a bigger better tone. For example I have a Keeley modded TS for my basic gained tone. It's tone is pretty far right. When I solo I add to it a Zakk Wylde pedal with the tone more at 10 o'clock which boosts me up in volume but adds that smoother solo tone I need. Petrucci does this too, as do many others. So just my two cents on why there were liekly multiple ODs. Petrucci has a zen drive trhoguh a tube screamer in one Mk IV and a Zakk Wylde through a tube screamer in the other Mk IV.

')