Pedal Power Amp Ideas

• Thread starter op1e
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Corporial Bodies

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hmm ok, I have one that I run my headrush through, and to tbh in my opinion it sounds better than the Seymour duncan ones I've tried

Corporial Bodies

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Ahh ok, plus it's not stereo. The way I get around that it just a bit of eq. Would be worth a try though if you get a chance. If I had the money I would get the revv d20, but at the moment that's a pipe dream.

sleewell

Reaction score
All the pedal based amp options IMO are really cool, but for this ^ reason i'd pass every time. No reason not to bring a head if you're bringing the 4x12.

Not lugging a heavy tube amp let's me bring a 212 instead which is a much better option imo. Running 6 12s is badass.

Guys you should never try the cheapest model of a brand and then make your mind up. Try a 200 watt quilter and report back. they are killer.

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
You can buy a "Depthfinder" pedal from Amptweaker that is Presence/Resonance. Would that work with most pedal power?

I've looked around Reverb Ebay Google Amazon and nothing and there's no buy option on their website. Do you have to email them to get one? Everything else they make is up everywhere, just not the Depth Finder.

Elric

Reaction score
Here's the question. With those $5 power amp pedal pcb's on Ebay and the schematic for the depth finder (or approximate EQ freq. knobs), why is no one making a sub 150-$200 power pedal? The materials would definately come in around $50 with case I imagine. Asking for... me. Someone get on that. Think about basically combining one of those cheap class D pedal amps with a Integrated Pre but in post. I dunno, just an idea. Someone make it already.

A reliable power supply that can supply the proper current and voltage is the trick to some degree, not the amplifier ckt. You can buy supposed '100 Watt' class D boards all day on ebay targeted at automotive or marine amplifier applications, etc, but you are going to need a brick way bigger than that little board to actually deliver the rated wattage and a musical eq/presence/depth that is tuned for guitar is not going to be an off the shelf part...

')