Pedals or Multi FX units ?

mr_rainmaker

Resident Cherokee
Reaction score
I use BOTH!

LUV my old GNX3000,lots of patches for differnt styles but
sometimes I just throw a DOD250 in front of the amp and shred away.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
I have nothing but good things to say about the Digitech GSP1101. I would highly recommend it. The amp models sound good (you will need to do some tweaking though) and the effects are pretty damn good, too.

Given To Fly

Reaction score
If these pedals are of "boutique" quality, then I would think about buying pedals. Hardware always holds its value better than software and every Multi FX unit needs to be viewed as software. In 10 years a high end pedal will still be worth close to what you paid, an Axe FX II will cost $149. :ugh:

sonnybb

new guy
Reaction score
I use both, my Multi FX is an old Digitech RP80 that pretty much is a tuner with a nice delay setting and a volume pedal. I use a few pedals, but it's mostly distortions and eqs and some stuff in the loop. Variety is the spice of life. sage is right though, I've spent more money on pedals than anything else. It's an addiction :)

clark81

Reaction score
If using analog pedals, i think they are better, but think that every digital pedal you put in chain converts your sound twice (AD --> DA).
Imagine this procedure several times and you got your answer!!

Sephael

Divine Paradøx
Contributor
Reaction score
If using analog pedals, i think they are better, but think that every digital pedal you put in chain converts your sound twice (AD --> DA).
Imagine this procedure several times and you got your answer!!
listen to the beauty of a Strymon pedal (or three) and then try making AD to DA conversion sound like a negative aspect.

Latest posts

')