Per Nilsson

• Thread starter ittoa666
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mrhankey87

Banned
Reaction score
notice how clean his playing is. his thumb NEVER shows up, which is the theorical best position for the left hand.

Reaction score
His timing is always spot on, he doesn't drop a note. So fluid, makes me sick. Would love to hear him in a different context i.e. a solo album :p

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
He is truly amazing. I think it might be his new beard. Facial hair makes you 20x better.

adaman

Reaction score
Amazing! On a side note has anyone ever listen to Kaipa? I checked out some of their stuff on youtube and I must say its pretty awesome if your in to the whole Prog thing:yesway:

Nights_Blood

Fire and Brimstone
Reaction score
Per is simply amazing. His playing is the epitome of fluidity, he's got amazing phrasing, and is one of the only players i've heard who can pull off such tastefully executed lines in the midst of chaotic, syncopated-riff songs.

These days, it seems like a lot of players in the more technical metal scenes have some sort of jazz background, but i've heard none implement those elements as well as Per.

Don't forget, he writes some kickass songs too!

ittoa666

Reaction score
It's almost like he's pulling notes out of thin air, and it works perfectly.

Mindcrime1204

Reaction score
SEE! I KNEW he was a hybrid picker! On some of his solos I've tabbed, I came across a couple parts where I was like, man... he has to be using his fuckin' fingers too or somethin! :shred:

ittoa666

Reaction score
SEE! I KNEW he was a hybrid picker! On some of his solos I've tabbed, I came across a couple parts where I was like, man... he has to be using his fuckin' fingers too or somethin! :shred:

He's stealthy.

Per Nilsson

SCAR SYMMETRY
Reaction score
Awwww you guys!!! You are too kind. :)

I love that guitar btw, I bought it back in the day when I was a total Steve Vai fanboy. It's the best sounding guitar I've ever played, and I've used it for most of the solos I've ever recorded. It came with DiMarzio PAF Pro pickups, and I reckon some of the magic come from those pups, so I asked DiMarzio to send me some seven-string PAFs that I'm just about to try out, I'M SO EXCITE!!!

If you by "stealthy" mean the ability to reduce, block or redirect electromagnetic waves from radars, in order to prevent enemy forces from detecting my presence, then my good sir YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT I'm stealthy! Hahahaha :)

Joel

Reaction score

I love that guitar btw, I bought it back in the day when I was a total Steve Vai fanboy. It's the best sounding guitar I've ever played, and I've used it for most of the solos I've ever recorded. It came with DiMarzio PAF Pro pickups, and I reckon some of the magic come from those pups, so I asked DiMarzio to send me some seven-string PAFs that I'm just about to try out, I'M SO EXCITE!!!

If you by "stealthy" mean the ability to reduce, block or redirect electromagnetic waves from radars, in order to prevent enemy forces from detecting my presence, then my good sir YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT I'm stealthy! Hahahaha :)

Dude, your playing is just too awesome, and on that video you sound so fluid! :hbang:

Nights_Blood

Fire and Brimstone
Reaction score

Per, is that the guitar you use with KAIPA? Let us know how those PAF 7's work out.

You should grow that beard to viking length:hbang:. See you at the Galaxy! (and maybe House of Blues, too)

XxXPete

Reaction score
Per is a great writer..excellent phrasing and Chops..he is the MAN!

Per Nilsson

SCAR SYMMETRY
Reaction score
Per, is that the guitar you use with KAIPA? Let us know how those PAF 7's work out.

Yup that's the guitar I recorded most of the "Angling Feelings" CD with and I also used it a lot on "In The Wake of Evolution", though I actually used the Xiphos a lot on that album, because it was the guitar I had in my studio at the time and it had fresh strings while all of my other guitars had crusty old strings...

The JEM in the vid was also used for 95% of my solos in Scar Sym.

I have great plans for my beard, in fact I'm thinking of letting my facial hair do a solo album, a kind of moustasch-beard-sideburns collaboration, could turn out really cool I think!

Reaction score
Haha the thing i love most with you Scar Symmetry guys are the Borat references..lol they're fukin hilarious!

Hey Per i got a few questions for you since your SS interview doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon...if you don't mind answering them:

1. What's going on with the Trapezoid solo and the intro to The Missing Coordinates? could you perhaps tab them?

2. I fuking love Kaipa and the new album is amazing too. the intro to Electric power Water Notes sounds like something you would have phrased but on close listening it is Hans Lundin's hammond/mellotron playing that... did you write that part or did Hans try copying ur style? :lol:

3. Whats your secret?

I got tons more questions for ya but i can't think straight right now being starstruck with your presence and all. :wavey:

Keep rockin man!! :hbang:

Mwoit

Reaction score
I just got the new Kaipa album and it's quite cool. Reminds me of Yes but with a modern touch; I like! :yesway:

')