Per Nilsson's Scar Guitar Instructional DVD

• Thread starter Wings of Obsidian
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Santuzzo

Reaction score
Got my DVD in the mail yesterday, and just started watching today.
I got through the scales-chapter, and his improvs are awesome, just watching and listening to him him improvise is very inspiring.

Thanks to the OP for drawing my attention to Per Nilsson. Without this thread I would not have gotten this DVD and I would have missed out big time. :yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GuitarMessenger

Reaction score
Thanks for starting the thread and spreading the word OP! :) I'm really glad those that those of you who've already picked up their copies are digging it!

For those who haven't yet, I thought I'd leave this here... ;)

Guitar Lessons, Interviews, News, Reviews, & More | Guitar Messenger – SCAR GUITAR: Per Nilsson’s Guitar Instructional DVD

600149_477860595614452_115465949_n.jpg

Nyrrth

Reaction score
Hey guys - at what expertise level do you recommend one to be at before purchasing Per's DVD? I'm not a beginner or anything, but I'm not quite at "shred" level. Is this something that's better suited to someone who's already able to shed above speeds of around 140bpm, or is this rudimentary enough for someone at an intermediate-to-moderately-advanced level to help get to the next level?

:hbang:

GuitarMessenger

Reaction score
Hey guys - at what expertise level do you recommend one to be at before purchasing Per's DVD? I'm not a beginner or anything, but I'm not quite at "shred" level. Is this something that's better suited to someone who's already able to shed above speeds of around 140bpm, or is this rudimentary enough for someone at an intermediate-to-moderately-advanced level to help get to the next level?

:hbang:

Hey Nyrrth,

The DVD was made with the intermediate to advanced player in mind. However, Per breaks everything down in great detail and I think explains all the theoretical concepts in very approachable terms for players of most levels. You do need a basic understanding of scales and chords and how they're constructed. The technical playing examples also require a basic understanding of certain techniques like sweeping, alternate picking, legato, and tapping. Some examples are meant to be pretty straightforward to allow you to develop your technique and others are just insane and very difficult for most players :)

Long story short, I think it's a solid mix and can definitely serve as some inspiration even if some portions require you to be further along in your musical development.

Hope that helps! Maybe some other forumers who have checked out the DVD can chime in. I think different people will get different things from it!

Necropitated

Reaction score
Not sure if its ok to post it here but I didn't want to open a new thread.
So here are 2 Scar Symmetry solos I tabbed. It's "Veil Of Illusions" and "Ghost Prototype I". I already uploaded a cover of Veil Of Illusions on my youtube-channel.
I'll probably correct the last tapping part of Ghost Prototype. My fingering and note choice doesn't make that much sense to me and I know I can do better ^^.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/63800797/Scar-Tabs.rar

')