Periphery bonus track on Amazon

• Thread starter pineappleman
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Cynic

Bored Stiff
Reaction score
HOLY FUCKING SHIT! Tell Spencer to do more growls like' Zyglrox.'

Is it me, or is the Pepper Experiment tempo slower?

One more thing: Is the guest solo on 'Totla Mad?' That does not sound like the solo that I've been hearing on the live videos.

TravisMontgomery

Reaction score
One more thing: Is the guest solo on 'Totla Mad?' That does not sound like the solo that I've been hearing on the live videos.

Nah the guest solo is on Racecar. It's absolutely mind blowing.....I had to get Alex to play it back a few more times for me haha.

They made a lot of changes, like that solo, to the songs at the last minute.

Metalus

JP BFR Whore
Reaction score
Anyone knw what they used for the tone of the album? I knw they used Mischa's JP7 and his Blackmachine B6, but i dont knw what modeler/amp they used. PODX3? Axe-Fx? Any ideas?

I shoulda asked Jake when i had the chance :squint:

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone knw what they used for the tone of the album? I knw they used Mischa's JP7 and his Blackmachine B6, but i dont knw what modeler/amp they used. PODX3? Axe-Fx? Any ideas?

I shoulda asked Jake when i had the chance :squint:

Pretty sure Misha said they went back and re-tracked everything with the Axe-Fx for the official release of the record. I was at his place when they were still wrapping up tracking and he just had the Axe-Fx out... so... my guess is the Axe-Fx. ;)

Is it me, or is the Pepper Experiment tempo slower?

Yep, the tempo on Letter Experiment is definitely slowed down for the record. Misha told me they agreed upon a different tempo for the record and that was one of the tracks he let me listen to completely at his apartment and I could tell instantly as I love that song. It still works with the slower tempo, but tbh I think I preferred it with the faster, original tempo from the earlier recordings. Kicks ass regardless but yeah you're correct, it is slower on the record. :)

Cynic

Bored Stiff
Reaction score
Nah the guest solo is on Racecar. It's absolutely mind blowing.....I had to get Alex to play it back a few more times for me haha.

They made a lot of changes, like that solo, to the songs at the last minute.

Ah! That was my second guess.

bulb

Reaction score
The Totla Mad solo was done by our very own Nolly and it is absolutely fucking insane, one of the cleanest and most creative lead players out there in my honest opinion!

Oh and Captain On is the bonus track, i dont see it on there...

Cynic

Bored Stiff
Reaction score
The Totla Mad solo was done by our very own Nolly and it is absolutely fucking insane, one of the cleanest and most creative lead players out there in my honest opinion!

Oh and Captain On is the bonus track, i dont see it on there...

Awesome job, Nolly! :yesway:

matt397

Tr00f
Reaction score
What in the FACK !!!!1!1!one! Nolly and jeff loomis guest appeared ?!! I just jizzed all over the place....FACK !

so so so very eh-sited....:hbang:

ubarhax

Reaction score
Wait where do i download the bonus track? Why the fuck is it showing Depeche Mode??

toolsound

Reaction score
Hearing the samples made me feel better about Spencer's vocals.

')