PERIPHERY Icarus Lives Video Premiere

• Thread starter BlindingLight7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Espaul

Reaction score
Time for them to get huge.

I really hope not :S reason why is that almost every band gets more mainstream when they get huge. Periphery has gotten more and more popular, and they have gotten more and more mainstream too.

I joined about the time when bulb posted "the focus hour" and I really want more of that. I hope we can get more of that in the future.

BUT, don't get me wrong guys :p I've preordered the cd too :D I usually really enjoy what bulbasaur puts out!

Marv Attaxx

Reaction score
I like Spencer more and more :yesway:
Awesome singer!!
Except when he does that scratchy-screechy-emo-stuff :lol:
But otherwise: GO SPENCE!
:hbang:
To the video: Yeah, it would have been cool if the glass breaks when the song starts but for a first music video it's cool :wavey:

Meshugger

Reaction score
Uh? Who's playing a RG2228 in the video? More importantly, why is there one there to begin with? considering all the pictures of the guitars that i have seen of the band has been Blackmachines, Caparisons and JPs...

PnKnG

Banned
Reaction score
Uh? Who's playing a RG2228 in the video? More importantly, why is there one there to begin with? considering all the pictures of the guitars that i have seen of the band has been Blackmachines, Caparisons and JPs...

In case you haven't heard it yet.
They are endorsed by Ibanez.

matt397

Tr00f
Reaction score
I really hope not :S reason why is that almost every band gets more mainstream when they get huge. Periphery has gotten more and more popular, and they have gotten more and more mainstream too.

I joined about the time when bulb posted "the focus hour" and I really want more of that. I hope we can get more of that in the future.

BUT, don't get me wrong guys :p I've preordered the cd too :D I usually really enjoy what bulbasaur puts out!

sorry Im confused, how does a band become mainstream and start writing mainstream material when there still underground ? I mean misha and the rest of periphery have been posting songs on there soundclick years before they got signed. as far as the type of material they put out they've, from what I understanded, turned down several offers before sumerian even approached them and even still they pretty much sculpted the deal so that A) they owned there own material and B) had exclusive creative control so ya know what I do hope they get huge or at least big enough to make some money at it. everyone has this convoluted idea that when you get big you sell out but you know as well as I do that we would all like to do this for a living and that means selling records and selling out concerts.

BuckarooBanzai

Reaction score
Meh, i didnt really feel either way toward the video. No offence to Misha or the guys at all when they read this comment. But from what i could tell it had no real concept behind it other than put a plastic screen infront of a camera and dribble water down it. They could have totally done something relevant to the Icarus theme, that would have been sick.

Awesome song, dont get me wrong. But i think the video lets it down a hell of a lot.

QFT. Video didn't do much for me.

Sliggy

Reaction score
I love Spencer's vocals and this band. REALLY annoying video though :(

Arsis

Serious ....age
Reaction score
I take it this is teh album audiomix? I like the older version much better. Has more balls to it IMO. The video is pretty sweet though.I'm happy for Periphery getting a video out there.

minusthemonkey

Reaction score
I liked it. I like the newer mixes I've heard, and Spencer's vocals sound great to me. And Bulb doing a little crabcore posing to start it off gave me a giggle.

generation_trip

Reaction score
I liked it. I like the newer mixes I've heard, and Spencer's vocals sound great to me. And Bulb doing a little crabcore posing to start it off gave me a giggle.

i agree with this guy, bulbs random crabcore impression at the start made me laugh, but nah is a good vid guys im happy for you hope to see more to come :) :shred:

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
I actually really liked the different camera angles they used, especially because they incorporated gear into the shots.

secondly, the water effect was lost on me, but im thinking it has something to do with "periphery is a new band blah about to break through blah" type theme. If i had never heard this band before and saw tis on television, i would be SCOURING the internet trying to get more information. some people see the band members and make assumptions and don't really look anymore.

I could be completely wrong, but im sure Misha will shed light... or water eventually. ;)

Latest posts

')