Periphery - Masamune Cover Axe fx rhythm tone and mixtest

• Thread starter IamLukas
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

IamLukas

Reaction score

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

revclay

Reaction score
I think the mix sounds great. I can't really critique it any meaningful way because I think it sounds so good. Good job, now post the whole cover!

7Mic7

Reaction score
Wow, really good.....I mean Exellente!

How do you get suck a nice drum sound (ozone maybe)

Great timing on your guitar work to , sounds so puurfect.

Larcher

fpoon
Contributor
Reaction score
Holy. Fuck. You have an excellent tone. Did you do any post eqing on the guitars?

And also, share patch? :D Or what amp/cab combo did you use and what kind of guitar/pups was it ?

tbshreddin

Reaction score
Holy. Fuck. You have an excellent tone. Did you do any post eqing on the guitars?

And also, share patch? :D Or what amp/cab combo did you use and what kind of guitar/pups was it ?

I was going to ask the same thing!

IamLukas

Reaction score
Thx a lot guys!

There's not much post eqing, but even more post processing with some tools. Multiband, Dynamics Limiter, Ozone, AUX processing with some rooms.
It's Das Metall with the german Cab, pu's are Bare Knuckle Cold Sweat.

Larcher

fpoon
Contributor
Reaction score
thanks dude! I will have to tinker all evening with my axe to get it to sound like this :lol:

you use the standard?ultra?2?

XxSilverburstDiezelxX

Audio Engineer
Reaction score
I'd really love to know how you are getting these Drum Tones..

I've got an ultra myself and can get close as far as guitar tone.

Did you master and post EQ the drums?

IamLukas

Reaction score
Again thank you so much!

I'd really love to know how you are getting these Drum Tones..

I've got an ultra myself and can get close as far as guitar tone.

Did you master and post EQ the drums?

Well, there's really a lot of work to get the drums to sound like this and I really can't tell that in only a few sentences.
What you have to know is, how all the tools work and how to use them reasonable. I'm speaking of Multiband compressors, verbs, limiters, fft-filters and so on....
The most important thing is to have a pair of fresh ears and good monitors (and even this you don't need to have, when you know your speakers, know the frequencies, pc speakers or anything else). Make a break every 15 Minutes, so your ears can regenerate. What I always do is, never mix the instruments seperately. You want the mix to sound good when everything plays and not the drums or guitars alone.
Always mix with a full line up! Don't ovrcompress, when your instruments sound good in a low level, they will sound even better mastered. Everything needs enough headroom to breathe.
I think all this things are being told a tons of time here and I'm sorry that I can't tell you some new things, but these are the most important things and I started with all these things 10 years ago or so.
Training is all. Know your tools, know your instruments, their frequencies and trust your ears:yesway:.

Cheers
Lukas

Vaughanabe13

Reaction score
It sounds pretty killer. It does sound like the left guitar track is slightly louder and overpowers the right track. I also think it needs just a touch more drive.

But the biggest issue is that you're not actually playing the riff correctly. The riff has muted grace notes in the spaces between what you're playing. This guy does a pretty good cover that illustrates what I'm talking about:

hd35

Reaction score
I wish you could reveal us how you approach making patches on axe-fx!

hellraizer84

Reaction score
the whole thing is fantastic

did you add the tse-808 into your chain?if you could elaborate further on the guitar tone that would be awesome

i tried a similar thing with TSE808 Das Metal and german ab but i think i overcooked the whole thing with eq and compression and it just sounded sterile and false your tone sounds very bouncy and alive if that makes sense,more like what im after.cheers

Latest posts

')