Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Krullnar

Reaction score
I take back anything bad I might have said about Periphery. I get it now. The album is finally hitting me. Ow My Feelings... damn.

Isan

Contributor
Reaction score
HOLY SHIT IIT IS AMAZING !!! Radio edit =1000000000x better ..... Well done, and great video.

Nazca

Reaction score
Coolies! At first when the djent part was omitted I was like :squint: but then it came an I was like:scream:

SamSam

GAS problems
Reaction score
I hope they make the new version of Jetpacks available for purchase, I really like the new harmonies.

C2Aye

has the groove.
Reaction score
I'd have to agree about the radio edit. Better vocals, better guitar solo and a cool wee break at the end before the last chorus. Video was pretty awesome too!

Can't wait to see them in Glasgow!

Tyrant

Reaction score
Nice video, I still prefer the album version with the screams though :)

Plankis

Reaction score
God what what a crappy quality. Can't wait for a 720p+-version.
Yeah the radio edit is much better. I really like the replaced vocals.

bulb

Reaction score
its funny, we were asked to do a radio edit cuz sumerian wanted to run a radio campaign for us, and my gut reaction was that it was going to be fail, but we all ended up loving the radio edit so much more than the original that we will just be playing that version live haha.

Oh and some people have asked so ill say it here, but the video concept is following the lyrics, its about an immortal who comes to realize what a bummer it is to live forever since he outlives EVERYTHING, not just his famili(es) but also the planet/universe etc. Kind of a bummer, but a concept that i have been wanting to explore a bit more in juggernaut maybe. I have written the basic story points out already, just gotta see if we can make it work.

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
this is awesome, I want this version of the song. I'm probably in the minority, but I'd prefer all clean vocals in Periphery.

My favorite parts by far on the album are the really melodic moments and Bulb's more melodic solos.

The part in Letter Experiment "In our minds adventure is always listening..." into the solo is my absolute favorite sequence on the album, when I heard it the first time, I was rewinding that shit ad nauseum.

definitely the more traditional prog metal elements >>> djenty stuff as far as my tastes and periphery's music coincide.

')