Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

ROAR

oaf tobar
Reaction score
Is this gonna be available any way for us to download?
It's just amazing.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Forresterc

Reaction score
this is awesome, I want this version of the song. I'm probably in the minority, but I'd prefer all clean vocals in Periphery.

Probably a minority too, but i always felt this song deserved all clean vocals. I never understood why y'all (periphery) decided to have Spencer scream that one part. I could understand that it flowed with the music, but i feel that Spencer definitely captured more emotion they way he sang that on the radio edit. <--(Ironicaly, when i heard y'all we doing a radio edit, the first thing i thought was "oh shit, they're cutting the screams out")

Also, Spencer is sounding a lot better IMO. I was very impressed with him on the self-titled, but i'm very happy to hear one of my favorite bands still surprising the hell out of me. I was seriously afraid the radio edit was going to make me hate this song.

bulb

Reaction score
Probably a minority too, but i always felt this song deserved all clean vocals. I never understood why y'all (periphery) decided to have Spencer scream that one part. I could understand that it flowed with the music, but i feel that Spencer definitely captured more emotion they way he sang that on the radio edit. <--(Ironicaly, when i heard y'all we doing a radio edit, the first thing i thought was "oh shit, they're cutting the screams out")

Also, Spencer is sounding a lot better IMO. I was very impressed with him on the self-titled, but i'm very happy to hear one of my favorite bands still surprising the hell out of me. I was seriously afraid the radio edit was going to make me hate this song.

I feel you haha, after spence wrote the singing part we were like man that part sounds so wasted with screaming. Though given how aggressive the riff was supposed to be im not surprised we all initially agreed that screaming would fit better.

Its kinda the way it goes though, when we hear a song we try to envision which parts would have singing and which ones would have screaming, and we just do our best based off of the vibe, im just glad we got a chance to revisit and improve this song further!

ROAR

oaf tobar
Reaction score
You guys should put this version out.
Like now.
I'd pay $1.29 for it.
Thrice!
Hey-O any Conan fans?!

Meatbucket

The Minotaur
Reaction score
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, you took out Alex's "Perceived within ourselves!"

q.q That would've been awesome if it was left in.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
966f8176.png

Jetpacks is my favorite song on the album, so I was worried I might not like it. But it's really well done. I'm not too crazy about the section from 3:06 to 3:20 where Spencer is singing "in round" with himself, but I love the rest of it. :yesway:

I was sort of hoping the video would just be an epic fight between George Michael and Tobias the Mole. :lol:

arrested-1-big.jpg

DVRP

The HUMANCENTiPAD
Reaction score
^ Please reshoot, so its this. Just kidding. The video is sweet boys!

rug

Reaction score
Fuck yeah - to the dude that thought he was in the minority in wanting more clean vocals, I'm definitely in your camp too. Anyone can write metal riffs (although Periphery does it much better than most :D), the true thing that sets them above so many of their peers is their melodic sense. Dudes make killer melodies, and I would have said it would be impossible to make the song better than the album version...until I heard the radio edit. Awesome shit.

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
This version is very nice, and I love the added sweetness in the solo.

Also, I can has good quality.

bulb

Reaction score
Sweet! Im so glad you guys dig the song/vid!
Yeah the radio version kicks ass... and somewhat scarily my wife even likes it :lol:

Yeah i guess that was the basis behind removing the screaming in the first place (though if it had sounded worse or compromised we definitely would not have done that and just said FUCK IT! METALLLL!!!1)

But its cool that it worked out, because this is like the song my gf can show her friends out work without worry, you have to understand that the grand majority of people dont listen to and arent exactly ready for metal, let alone screaming in a song...

Prydogga

Giddyup.
Reaction score
At first I was a little "Oh ok, sad guy doing his shit, not so special, good thing the shoot of the guys is good." then the building tumbling part kicked in and it kicked ass. The radio version is all kinds of godly.

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
As I'm somewhat a scream (or any unclear vox) hater this version of Jetpacs melts my heart every time. For me it feels like wasting if you have a singer like Spencer (I adore everything in his voice) and he's not singing every bit of vocal parts in the piece.

Also loved the arrangement in every way. For me this is the pop song of the album (along with ow my feelings). :lol:

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
hes an immortal!

There can be only one..... Mishdongles - The Highlander! :rofl:

Seriously, is this single going to be made available bro? I bought 3 copies of the album, hook it up! ;) Or conversely, iTunes download perhaps? I LOOOOOVE this version of the song, have 2 trips this weekend and would love to listen to it on repeat in the car if possible! :wub:

')