Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

pineappleman

Why can I not sleep?
Reaction score
Was this directed by the same dude that did the SikTh videos? Or am I thinking of another band...? Regardless, the video's awesome.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Oh wow, this version is great!

I just re-fell in love with Jetpacks! I haven't listened to it in months, because I burned myself out on it. Time to do it again!

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sweet! Im so glad you guys dig the song/vid!

Yeah i guess that was the basis behind removing the screaming in the first place (though if it had sounded worse or compromised we definitely would not have done that and just said FUCK IT! METALLLL!!!1)

But its cool that it worked out, because this is like the song my gf can show her friends out work without worry, you have to understand that the grand majority of people dont listen to and arent exactly ready for metal, let alone screaming in a song...

Oh hell yeah, I didn't think you compromised anything, the new version fits the song structure perfectly. It was hilarious though, she was like, "Oh I'd go to see them with you if they play in the area". Then I played Insomnia and she changed her mind :rofl:

Seriously, is this single going to be made available bro? I bought 3 copies of the album, hook it up! ;) Or conversely, iTunes download perhaps? I LOOOOOVE this version of the song, have 2 trips this weekend and would love to listen to it on repeat in the car if possible! :wub:

I second this, I'd be down with some kind of cd single or purchasable download for this version of the song.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Its good to have a more accessible song for people to listen to. Even if the rest of the album is OMG BROOTALZ it means that outsiders can appreciate you on the basis of that song, rather than completely dismissing you.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Yeah I'd agree, it is more accessible compared to say BOO, ATB or VOM. A lot more melodic than brutal. But I like that. Some of the cleans and leads on the Periphery album are amazing.

GATA4

Banned
Reaction score
The whole Periphery album as a whole is farily accessible, it's not that it lacks metal, but people just seem to like it. Shit I dunno. Females I know of enjoy this album. :agreed:

Si senor. If I were a female, I would still like it.

......*if*....

Elijah

Reaction score
Never seen that video, nor did I know they rerecorded that song, but it's sounding a lot better

gfactor

Reaction score
How is that so fucking good!!!!!
MEGA KICKASS

also has anyone made this pun yet?:
Videos Was Yes
New Versions Was Yes

ROAR

oaf tobar
Reaction score
"Alot of you will get your requests for songs :)"

straight from twitter.
I sense something good coming...

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
I bet they are referring to their earlier tweet about song requests for the European tour.

That being said, the setlist is gonna be a fucking killer!

')