Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
Tbh I didn't totally understand Jacos argument but im thin king it is the standard" selling out" bitching.

In that case, If periphery were to Cover a Britney Spears song I would have no doubt that it would kick serious ass. A band produces art because they want to. I listen to that art because not only is the composition and melody favorable to my preference, there is a special "something" to music that has never been understood or properly explained. That something exists in Periphery's music for me, and thus I will always enjoy it.

Also guys please cover "Toxic". That has been stuck in my head all day.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ddtonfire

Reaction score
There's no way Misha isn't part Vulcan. His posts are zeniths of logic!

KrewZ

Nurarihyon
Reaction score
I love the new version of Jetpacks. Both have their own "feel" to them I suppose, but I like them both alot. The new version is easier to listen to for people who generally dont like the screaming vocals and I have always figured that if the screams were dropped from the original it would feel more organic and flowing. Either way I love em both and Im glad that you made the new version.

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
I really don't want to appear like I'm on a bandwagon.

But I fucking love everything Misha does.

Fuck, I'm on a bandwagon.

Don't care. :fawk:

bulb

Reaction score
Haha thanks dude! And my response to that is, who cares what anyone else thinks.
There is a difference between bandwagoning and genuinely liking something.

I personally dont believe that anyone should feel guilty to continue liking something just because other people start liking it.
This is why i dont believe in "guilty pleasures" either you like something or you dont, you shouldnt be ashamed of what your taste is, or else it shouldnt be your taste.

And in the case of Periphery (and every other band in existence that starts to gain a little traction), there has been both positive and negative bandwagoning.
Have confidence in your own taste, and dont feel pressure to like or dislike something.

I know that by nature forums are a community, and metal as a genre and underdog genre has had much of that underground community feel within the fans and bands, and that is a very healthy thing, its just important to not lose your identity in those communities, and that can be hard.

So as far as i am concerned, as long as you are being honest with yourself you cant actually be bandwagonning, so no worries!

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
The problem is, everyone seems to link clean vocals with commercial viability, but thats not the case. Sometimes a song works better with clean vocals, and thats is proved here.

ROAR

oaf tobar
Reaction score
I like this version. And the previous version.
And the album. And everything else.
I also don't give a fuck what anyone else thinks.
Bandwagon here I come!

NovaReaper

Banned
Reaction score
Hey bulb you've probably answered this a million times before but what gauge/brand of strings do you use for your various tunings?

:funny:

Opion

Sir Mattafer
Reaction score
Yeah I think that whole arguing about the new version to be quite ridiculous - I actually love the shit out of the new version and can't see how anyone would really care about the screams? I mean go listen to The Walk if you want no "emo-sadface vocals" or something. From the time I've followed you guys since mid '09, I'm not afraid to admit i've loved every piece of music you guys have put out, solely because it is YOUR music, nobody else's - and that's why I like it, because you don't care about sounding like something other than yourselves. :yesway:

On another note, the fact that NEM is retracked with vocal lines written gives me quite a boner. Yes please :agreed:

And, can't wait to see you guys at ze Masquerade again! I'm bringing another one of my recent converts, he's 16 and it'll be his first mosh pit :evil:

Reaction score
You guys are such sellouts. Pandering to me, making music with only singing just like I like it. Just when I think that I can't bear hearing your song with screams one more time, you release a version that I'll loop over and over. Think about the metal guys! The metal community needs brutal vocals, and giving flower sniffers like me the angelic singing that we love completely compromises your brutal image!

That joke didn't seem to go far and I am ashamed. Posting anyway~

VILARIKA

Reaction score
I believe Misha said Spencer records his vocals seperately, does anyone know what recording studio he goes to for it? I hope its not in CA...

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
Had no idea about the new version. Its getting put up on my FB and tweeted repeatedly.
Start Lobbying Octane and Liquid Metal to play this!

Just an observation, but I have yet to see and djent fans repeatedly jumping into Cookie Monster peoples threads and shitting on their music constantly. Just sayin...

Reaction score
Just saw Periphery and An Obscure Signal tonight in Baltimore. Great show! Jake, Alex, and Misha had amazing stage presence as always. Is anyone seeing them on their European tour?

DVRP

The HUMANCENTiPAD
Reaction score
Pretty please. Almost all my friends are DYING to see you guys.

')