Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

ROAR

oaf tobar
Reaction score
^Dude Ben I'll be there!
Maybe I'll bring my Axe-Fx so you can swirl it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
oh, i understand what you mean. me and veredika are talking about putting him on one of the tracks for the vocal version of monarch. i love his vocals too.

spencer's definitely coming into his own as a vocalist (well, not at this exact point in time because the LXD tour is apparently cursed lol, j/k) and i have nothing but respect for his growth. i was really reluctant at first (Barretto fanboy. sue me), but he's won me over, for certain. haha.

Oh yes, I haven't a single negative thing to say about Spencer's vocals as well, and have enjoyed his growth.

Lon

drop it like its G#!
Reaction score
barettos hair > spencers hair

but vocalwise spence rules

bulb

Reaction score
What kit is Matt playing with?

The venue we were playing had this tiny alcove for the drums and no space for other gear, so all 3 bands had to use the same kit, and since matt's kit isnt too friendly on other drummers what with it having only 1 tom, we decided to use mikey's kit.
so yeah this is the rare occasion on which you can see matt playing on a relatively large kit haha

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
I may have missed this earlier in the thread, but where's Jake in that vid? Pretty sweet seeing Browne up there though

Well you sure have missed it big time. Jake's got fretting hand (?) middle (?) finger broken and he can't play anything, but Buttersnips tappin part.

nojyeloot

Reaction score
Well you sure have missed it big time. Jake's got fretting hand (?) middle (?) finger broken and he can't play anything, but Buttersnips tappin part.

Well crap man... sorry to hear that. What a bummer.

Thanks for letting me know Kurkkuviipale

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
It's not broken, it's was dislocated. Still no better though for playing guitar.

bulb

Reaction score
Not your fault, the term broken was being tossed around all over the place by lots of people.

to be clear, it was dislocated but also had a minor fracture, if it had only been a dislocation he would have been good to go a week later, but because of the minor fracture, he still cant play guitar

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
to be clear, it was dislocated but also had a minor fracture, if it had only been a dislocation he would have been good to go a week later, but because of the minor fracture, he still cant play guitar

ah, no wonder the difference in terms getting used. I hope he recovers soon and thanks for clarifying!

JoeyBTL

Reaction score

this makes much more sense to me now. when i saw that he dis-located it I thought, why don't they just re-locate it and move on :hbang::lol:

Guitarholic

Booyah!
Reaction score
-1-4.jpg

The ever growing collection. From top left to bottom right: Jake Bowen, Misha Mansoor, Periphery, Mark Holcomb, my own pick, a row of sample picks for Alex Bois, Meshuggah, Chris Broderick, Mark Tremonti, Andy Aledort. Need more!

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
The ever growing collection. From top left to bottom right: Jake Bowen, Misha Mansoor, Periphery, Mark Holcomb, my own pick, a row of sample picks for Alex Bois, Meshuggah, Chris Broderick, Mark Tremonti, Andy Aledort. Need more!

Whoa that is a nice collection, I only got one from John Petrucci. :lol:

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
I'll have to take a pic of my collection soon, I collected loads when I was young, Vai, Satch, Dimebag, Dweezil, Gilbert and some other random ones

')