Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

bulb

Reaction score
Bulb, is it a great secret what amp and cab are you using for your tones on axe-fx (I has read somewhere that cab is fractal's standart metal)? because if not, i would be awfully happy to know it haha

And how did you archieved dat acoustic tone in the beginning of jetpacks ? I even got no ideas how you did that

i use the fas modern and the german cab
im not really sure what you are hearin in jetpacks, there isnt an acoustic tone im aware of, maybe its a synth you are hearing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

just_kosteg

Reaction score
i use the fas modern and the german cab
im not really sure what you are hearin in jetpacks, there isnt an acoustic tone im aware of, maybe its a synth you are hearing?
are you using 421 and r121 mics?
yeah, I mean the synth, you know, that ringin synth thing in the beginning

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
I would guess something like Plex Shift (Multidelay function in Axe-FX), Crystals (Pitch function in Axe-FX) and a hell of a lot reverb in a send chain. Can't really know for sure, it could be something from Ultra (I only own standard) or a totally different synth that's programmed dynamically.

But yea, there's delay (1/4 note in tempo of 80 -> 750, and later in the second verse a dotted 1/8 note -> 563 ms) and a shitloads of reverb. Also, I'd guess that there's some serious compressing going on.

Faine

Playing guitar.
Reaction score
This question is for bulb, and any other Djent style musician. How/whats the best way to remember your polyrhythms, do you count in your head " ok alternate pick 5 times then 3 then open string twang 3 again then 5, 3, 3, 2, 5, " etc, do you know what i'm trying to say? Thats the hardest part for me. It's tricky.

space frog

Reaction score
1- you hand needs to keep going fluently. You need to know when to pick down and when to pick up, and the hand should follow. That's all you need to know, really: when to start picking notes and when to stop, and wether you start upstroke or downstroke.

2-once you get your hand rolling non stop, practice the riff you want to learn some times and you should end up knowing it by heart.

that's how I do it. If you want check my cover of Namaste by VoM, my hand is not really visible a lot but still you might understand what I mean. It looks like I'm just going up n down but I follow the rythm... dunno how to explain it otherwise...

Hope it helps...

JPMDan

IT'S OVER 9000!!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
Going to see Periphery Next month on the 12th at the house of blues in New Orleans. I can't wait, hope to meet misha and get to chat with the guy. :yesway:

Faine

Playing guitar.
Reaction score
1- you hand needs to keep going fluently. You need to know when to pick down and when to pick up, and the hand should follow. That's all you need to know, really: when to start picking notes and when to stop, and wether you start upstroke or downstroke.

2-once you get your hand rolling non stop, practice the riff you want to learn some times and you should end up knowing it by heart.

that's how I do it. If you want check my cover of Namaste by VoM, my hand is not really visible a lot but still you might understand what I mean. It looks like I'm just going up n down but I follow the rythm... dunno how to explain it otherwise...

Hope it helps...

Yeah I guess the tricky part is remembering how many strokes and what not. Like how you said remembering by heart... same goes with the drummer, when he remembers all those kick drum patterns with what your doing on guitar strumming.

space frog

Reaction score
^Yeah, and anyways at some point you'll just "feel" it... And the tricky part is really like you said, remembering how many strokes there are, but mostly it's to know how to start each bunch of notes.

0 Xero 0

Reaction score
I just saw them last night and they were so killer! Talking to Misha was fantastic. The other bands were great too. It was really funny to see some of the people in the crowd react to Periphery fans moshing because they were most definitely not prepared for that.

Vagz

Reaction score
@Periphery: I know I am being highly optimistic here, but is there any plan of coming to India, coz we really like you guys :D

PS: The songs gave me eargasms :D

0 Xero 0

Reaction score
Did any body else hear frak the gods? Is was fucking awesome!

All of the songs were fantastic :p But frak the gods was really sweet! I wasn't expecting the setlist they played and heard some pleasant surprises :)

Isan

Contributor
Reaction score
they have played basically the same set the last 2 times .... only adding Jetpacks and one other ....

')