Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SDM305

Reaction score
no, the actual song, with vox, was on full metal jakie radio station yesterday.

0 Xero 0

Reaction score
they have played basically the same set the last 2 times .... only adding Jetpacks and one other ....

Well, I don't live near big metropolitan areas so I haven't seen them since last March. You're saying this like it's bad or something... It doesn't matter what the set list is, it's still Periphery! I've been listening to the full metal jackie station and I still haven't heard the song play :(

KoenDercksen

Quantum Realm
Reaction score
So, I asked someone if they wanted to come to Periphery with me some time ago.
It didn't work out, but yesterday I saw a friend of his talking to him on Hyves (dutch facebook) about how Periphery is the shitty emo variant of Meshuggah and that they suck and stuff. :lol:
I've never seen ignorance like that!

0 Xero 0

Reaction score
Wow... what kind of bands does your friend's friend like? I'm pretty sure he digs the jonas brothers or bieber or something xD ... but seriously, that has got to be one of the dumbest ascertainments of Periphery I've ever heard. You can't really compare them to Meshuggah at all... Chimp Spanner sounds a little bit more like Meshuggah but not a lot. Oh well, he's just missing out on the sonic bliss that is Periphery...

KoenDercksen

Quantum Realm
Reaction score
Wow... what kind of bands does your friend's friend like? I'm pretty sure he digs the jonas brothers or bieber or something xD ... but seriously, that has got to be one of the dumbest ascertainments of Periphery I've ever heard. You can't really compare them to Meshuggah at all... Chimp Spanner sounds a little bit more like Meshuggah but not a lot. Oh well, he's just missing out on the sonic bliss that is Periphery...

He listens to the true bands like Morbid Angel, Children of Bodom, Exodus, Meshuggah, anything that doesn't have any melody(lol). And he hates Symphony X because of the vocals! :lol:

emo...
:ugh:
:rofl:
no seriously that's sad:noplease:

Haha I know right, it's so fucking ignorant. He called Periphery "gay music" and told my friend to "stay with Meshuggah". It's so retarded :lol:

ScottyB724

Reaction score
Ya know whenever someone mentions "emo" I always think of an interview I saw with Tom DeLonge of Blink 182 years ago when I was a kid.

He basically says that since the term emo is short for emotional, he doesn't understand how anyone could write music without putting emotion into it. That has always stuck with me because it is so true. No matter what the emotion is, be it anger or sadness or happiness or fear, and no matter what the genre is, be it death metal, rock, pop, or jazz: music IS the expression of emotions.

KoenDercksen

Quantum Realm
Reaction score
Ya know whenever someone mentions "emo" I always think of an interview I saw with Tom DeLonge of Blink 182 years ago when I was a kid.

He basically says that since the term emo is short for emotional, he doesn't understand how anyone could write music without putting emotion into it. That has always stuck with me because it is so true. No matter what the emotion is, be it anger or sadness or happiness or fear, and no matter what the genre is, be it death metal, rock, pop, or jazz: music IS the expression of emotions.

I totally agree! Too bad that's not what the term is used for or recognized as nowadays...

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
You can't really compare them to Meshuggah at all...

huh.gif

0 Xero 0

Reaction score

That's really cool. I definitely agree and will remember that.

space frog

Reaction score
Oh it comes from Tom DeLonge?? Didn't know that. But IMO emotion is the most important thing in music. When I listen to a song I don't even care about the lyrics I just listen to the melody of the vox, cuz it's all that truly carries the message, that can make you feel the vibe of the song.

0 Xero 0

Reaction score
After listening to the full metal jackie program three times, I finally heard Frak the Gods. It was so good! I heard it live on Thursday, but I wasn't prepared for all the epicness i heard on the station. In case you aren't friends with Periphery, Misha, Jake, or anybody else, they're posting this song up at some point today :D

Cynic

Bored Stiff
Reaction score
After listening to the full metal jackie program three times, I finally heard Frak the Gods. It was so good! I heard it live on Thursday, but I wasn't prepared for all the epicness i heard on the station. In case you aren't friends with Periphery, Misha, Jake, or anybody else, they're posting this song up at some point today :D

*Thursday

0 Xero 0

Reaction score
Yeah, they had a mixup it seems. Jake posted that it'd be airing today, but they amended that statement sadly o_O

JakePeriphery

who callin my phone?
Reaction score
Yeah, they had a mixup it seems. Jake posted that it'd be airing today, but they amended that statement sadly o_O

No, don't blame me, it was posted on the Periphery page that we were posting something yesterday so I thought it was still good to go and posted something on my page.

')