Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

Lukifer

Need more gain
Reaction score
Finally listened to Frak! Took me long enough but was well worth it!! It tickled my ear holes most pleasurably!!! Good shit like I expected!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ROAR

oaf tobar
Reaction score
^I"m sorry you deal with that man.
Though since it's all pushed to your twitter,
I ocassionaly get to laugh my ass off.

"THE DRUMS ON FRAK THE GODS ARE TOO LOUD,
TURN UP THE VOCALS"

ROAR

oaf tobar
Reaction score
The only thing that makes me like Periphery
is Spencer in an Eazy E shirt.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Yeah, that shit is ridiculous. Since when are soooo many nobodies professional producers?

The metal community is dramatic right now lol.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
^Haha. Yeah, he makes it too clear for being so distorted. Why would anyone ever want that?

Frak 'em.

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
After last nights performance I'm officially hopping on the bandwagon and going for the Mackie Setup. I loved it.

rug

Reaction score
Yeah, no shit. I swore I'd never sell my Powerball, but fuck...that Axe/Mackie combo sounds soooooooooo clear.

mikernaut

pixel pusher
Reaction score
Just got back from the show here in Madison. My feet are sore I dragged one of my buddies out who hasn't even heard Periphery or Scale the Summit and it was abit of a walk to the venue from his place.

We got in and walked over to check out the Mech tables. Chris Letchford was sitting at their table warming up his Sherman. I was kicking myself that I didn't bring more money to buy his Techniques book. I was shy so I didn't bug him.

Then we walked over to the Periphery table where low and behold Spencer was there selling stuff. I briefly talked to him and he was very humble and down to earth. I also couldn't resist buying the new White and green hoodie Mr. Keith Merrow was sporting in his latest video, and seeing as I love neon green I had to have it.

DSCN6559.jpg

DSCN6560.jpg

Scale the Summit was good but I was on the left side of the stage and heard more of Travis then Chris in the mix. I also didn't recognize some of the tracks as I haven't picked up the new cd yet. Their 30 min set went quick.

I wanted to harrass Misha and some of the other Perh guys but they didn't come out till it was time for their set. So we just took our place in the center about 10 ft back( the dangerous pit zone, hahah) The guys were playing a few little chugging riffs for the soundcheck and it was like "OHHHH YEAH" feel and hear that and the crowd approved with anticipation of the audio onslaught that would soon ensue. Pretty massive sounding.

The lights go down and the cool little intro music starts and you could tell there was going to be some good energy. Sure enough as soon as they kicked it in the crowd up front started jumping, pushing , moshing etc. My buddy got his beer dumped on him and disappeared for abit. I was struggling to not get crushed in the chaos but was enjoying it. He then comes back and he had bought a Scale the Summit shirt to change into so he could take off his other beer soaked shirt. :yesway:

Spencer's voice is pretty damn impressive with his range and he was cutting thru the mix very good. What more can I say, it was pretty sweet show. I was tired from "the pit" but still had a big smile on my face ,then we had make the long walk home. :lol:

space frog

Reaction score
be sure to pick The Collective very soon, its an awesome CD IMO, also That hoody loojs pretty killer! and you mentionned keith merrow... i cant wait for his new stuff! anyways, i loved my first experience seeing periphery too. it was a while ago and there were 2 show merged together so they only played 3 songs but it was still enough to get Misha's head nod of approval lol. /fanboyism over :lol:

mikernaut

pixel pusher
Reaction score
a slight derailment but yeah Keith showing off his hoodie and new BRJ. I totally was like "I hope they have that hoodie at the Merch table, I needz it"

Jango

Reaction score
Mike, I was at the Madison show too. I was the one who was standing around the StS and Periphery booths with my guitar trying to get it signed after Periphery's set. I had wondered whether there were any SS.org members around...

I also managed to headbutt John in the knee during Periphery's set, full force headbang.

pineappleman

Why can I not sleep?
Reaction score
Whoa, I feel like Spencer gets better every time I hear a new recording of him. I do agree the vocals could be a little louder in the beginning though... *runs and hides* :flame:

')