Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Word. When are Periphery coming back to the UK? From what I've heard you have some new speakers and it's majorly improved your stage sound (not that it wasn't awesome to begin with).

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bulb

Reaction score
Word. When are Periphery coming back to the UK? From what I've heard you have some new speakers and it's majorly improved your stage sound (not that it wasn't awesome to begin with).

We will be playing Sonisphere UK on the Saturday (i forget the date), and we have never played a festival before but hopefully it will sound good!

We have been using these Mackie HD rigs, they wouldnt affect the sound too much except for the front row really (the main advantage being that if you are on one side, you will be able to hear a bit of the guitars on the other), but we are always tweaking and refining our sound in the attempt to improve on it!
Unforunately bringing those to europe doesnt make much sense, and at sonisphere im sure it will be fine to just run our axefx's direct ad through whatever monitoring they have set up there!

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Ah fair, I'm not at Sonisphere :( I hope you guys can tour here again soon. I bet you'll love Sonisphere though, great vibe at festivals.

Lukifer

Need more gain
Reaction score
Dude I bet its gonna sound so killer going through the huge PA at Sonisphere! I wish I lived over there!

AirJordanStaal

Reaction score
wait so is that "periphery will only be a taylor swift cover band" thing confirmed? Let me go create a blog brb

Lukifer

Need more gain
Reaction score
SO bulb has to add some serious twang with that Axe-FX!! Country on a Bernie Rico 7 string would be most epic!!

ManBeast

Reaction score
We did the first one because a lot of people were introduced to us as an instrumental, and we thought for the hardcore fans who only ever knew us as an instrumental band, and for musicians who wanted to hear the instruments a bit better it could be cool, which is why we had it as a SUPPLEMENT, and because the test run did well we made it available on itunes as well.

We might do an instrumental of the next album or we might not, but if we do, it will once again be a limited release and be supplemental.

And honestly dude, you arent really a fan of our band, i have seen enough posts in this thread by you stating your perfectly valid opinion to know that.
With that said we really dont need your money (or anyone else who is shares your opinion on us), so using that as an argument will not sway our decision, save it up or spend it on a band you actually like. We write the music WE want to write for ourselves, and because of that im afraid you will never like us the way we are, and thats fine by me haha!
Glad yo can judge my fandom over the web about wanting you guys to release instrumentals as a "supplement". Maybe I can show you the folder of songs I have saved from your soundclick titled "Bulb Classics" that has over 125 files.The money argument was a response to you telling me to listen to the 234023984 other bands out there flippantly.

If you and the fanboys are going to constantly get butt hurt by dissenting opinions on a forum and gasp at the notion of doing so I suggest putting the computer down.

Good Luck with the EP/Tour and hopefully successful 2nd album

JakePeriphery

who callin my phone?
Reaction score
Glad yo can judge my fandom over the web about wanting you guys to release instrumentals as a "supplement". Maybe I can show you the folder of songs I have saved from your soundclick titled "Bulb Classics" that has over 125 files.The money argument was a response to you telling me to listen to the 234023984 other bands out there flippantly.

If you and the fanboys are going to constantly get butt hurt by dissenting opinions on a forum and gasp at the notion of doing so I suggest putting the computer down.

I see some butthurt over here too.

space frog

Reaction score

Just sayin he didn't tell YOU personnally... oh and most of us are not "fanboys", just fans that believe it is wrong to act how ppl like you act. Nothing personal against you broski.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
I think I'm right in saying that Periphery probably have no problem with fans or anyone saying 'oh I preferred it when you did this' or 'I don't really like these new songs' afetr all, as an artist you have to accept that you can't please everyone and so the only logical thing to do is to stay true to yourself. However, there is a fine line between stating your opinion, and being somewhat rude.

Seems like you guys are taking a complete 180 from your self titled release. If you were all about the band you wouldn't have released an instrumental then.

If I were in a band then I'd be kinda annoyed by seeing a comment like this from a fan. It says that you expect them to keep doing what you want. You got into them as an instrumental band and therefore they should say that way. The tone of what you wrote is a little more forceful than an opinion. If anything it to me reads 'you guys used to be cool and then you changed'. Thats the vibe I get from that sentence when I read it.

Like I said, nothing wrong with stating your opinion, but theres ways of doing it and I think you could've perhaps worded your comments better. I could be wrong, thats just what I have to say.

Lukifer

Need more gain
Reaction score
With this I would also really hate for a few people to really ruin it for us that love Periphery with Spencer or with vocals period and piss off Bulb and Jake and them not talk to us anymore. I think this is the coolest shit in the world I can talk with the guitar players from one of my favorite bands. I can ask about their gear or whatever and they actually respond! So while I agree opinions are entitled to everyone please dont piss these dudes off so they tell us all to piss off!!!

7Mic7

Reaction score
Hey Misha,
Just wanted to say bravo for your apperance in guitar world ,I've really enjoyed it.For Once Guitar world was more into my musical taste.Good luck with your future and keep making the best song in the world.

bulb

Reaction score
With this I would also really hate for a few people to really ruin it for us that love Periphery with Spencer or with vocals period and piss off Bulb and Jake and them not talk to us anymore. I think this is the coolest shit in the world I can talk with the guitar players from one of my favorite bands. I can ask about their gear or whatever and they actually respond! So while I agree opinions are entitled to everyone please dont piss these dudes off so they tell us all to piss off!!!

Haha dont worry dude, it would take more than a couple trolls to scare us away, remember we have been on the internet since before this band existed!

JakePeriphery

who callin my phone?
Reaction score

We're not going anywhere, what people such as ManBeast have to realize is that we'll respond to your opinion even if they probably won't like the answers. It would take a lot more than a few negative opinions to scare us away - but be prepared for some negative answers because we're definitely entitled to respond as anyone is entitled to voice their own opinions.

bulb

Reaction score
I think I'm right in saying that Periphery probably have no problem with fans or anyone saying 'oh I preferred it when you did this' or 'I don't really like these new songs' afetr all, as an artist you have to accept that you can't please everyone and so the only logical thing to do is to stay true to yourself. However, there is a fine line between stating your opinion, and being somewhat rude.

If I were in a band then I'd be kinda annoyed by seeing a comment like this from a fan. It says that you expect them to keep doing what you want. You got into them as an instrumental band and therefore they should say that way. The tone of what you wrote is a little more forceful than an opinion. If anything it to me reads 'you guys used to be cool and then you changed'. Thats the vibe I get from that sentence when I read it.

Like I said, nothing wrong with stating your opinion, but theres ways of doing it and I think you could've perhaps worded your comments better. I could be wrong, thats just what I have to say.

Haha well spoken. Man it seems like most of you have some common sense, thats why i love you guys!
I dont mind opinions at all, but it wouldnt hurt for a few of you guys to learn some tact, you might find that you will start to get more and more out of life, no seriously try it!

')