Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

Guitarman700

Reaction score
Haha well spoken. Man it seems like most of you have some common sense, thats why i love you guys!
I dont mind opinions at all, but it wouldnt hurt for a few of you guys to learn some tact, you might find that you will start to get more and more out of life, no seriously try it!

Exactly. There is a difference between voicing your opinion and telling someone to change their art to your tastes.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

John_Strychnine

I Was Once Groove.
Reaction score
Just listening to spencer in the studio right now whilst he's recording a demo, all you haters are fucking stupid.

Retards.

Lukifer

Need more gain
Reaction score
Thats what I love. You and Bulb are dicks on here!!! In a good way though, because yeah whatever I am kind of a fanboy but I havent talked shit on the band. I dont like your string gauge change it NOW!!!!!! Anyways, thanks for not being led by persuasion and what other people think. I get made fun of by the rednecks are my work when my phone rings and my ........ is Zyglrox!!! What the fuck is that? MEtal, and damn good metal thats what!

Lukifer

Need more gain
Reaction score
Haha well spoken. Man it seems like most of you have some common sense, thats why i love you guys!
I dont mind opinions at all, but it wouldnt hurt for a few of you guys to learn some tact, you might find that you will start to get more and more out of life, no seriously try it!
Man I learned that in the army big time, when I was told I could tell a superior to fuck off in polite ways. Its all how you present yourself.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Glad yo can judge my fandom over the web about wanting you guys to release instrumentals as a "supplement". Maybe I can show you the folder of songs I have saved from your soundclick titled "Bulb Classics" that has over 125 files.The money argument was a response to you telling me to listen to the 234023984 other bands out there flippantly.

If you and the fanboys are going to constantly get butt hurt by dissenting opinions on a forum and gasp at the notion of doing so I suggest putting the computer down.

Good Luck with the EP/Tour and hopefully successful 2nd album

ZOMG I downloaded your old songs! TRUE FAN! :rofl:

Espaul

Reaction score

U trollin' right? :ugh:

OzoneJunkie

Reaction score
Think I'm gonna check out Periphery and Scale the Summit tonight. Saw Tosin's guitar clinic last night in nyc... good stuff... really nice guy too.

noxian

Reaction score
I think I'm right in saying that Periphery probably have no problem with fans or anyone saying 'oh I preferred it when you did this' or 'I don't really like these new songs' afetr all, as an artist you have to accept that you can't please everyone and so the only logical thing to do is to stay true to yourself. However, there is a fine line between stating your opinion, and being somewhat rude.

If I were in a band then I'd be kinda annoyed by seeing a comment like this from a fan. It says that you expect them to keep doing what you want. You got into them as an instrumental band and therefore they should say that way. The tone of what you wrote is a little more forceful than an opinion. If anything it to me reads 'you guys used to be cool and then you changed'. Thats the vibe I get from that sentence when I read it.

Like I said, nothing wrong with stating your opinion, but theres ways of doing it and I think you could've perhaps worded your comments better. I could be wrong, thats just what I have to say.

right, it's not that all discussion should be off-limits, but there's a difference between discussing what the band is producing and telling the band what to produce.
there's a difference between critiquing the product, and acting like you are part of the production (and i have seriously heard people who believe that it's supposed to be a "partnership" and that artists are supposed to listen to what they say).

its a hard difference to describe but one you can tell when you read it.

i think most people handle that difference just fine.
you get the occasional guy who doesn't.

though the point at which you essentially rant, " Misha, Jake, guys: let ME tell you what your band is about!", quite frankly you've pretty clearly moved beyond sensibly discussing what the band is doing.

ManBeast

Reaction score
can we just get over with this?

Seriously, my original comment was "boo..more instrumentals plz" and it spins into this shit storm.

Unfortunate that people took the comments as trying to direct the band musically. Basically Im coming out saying you guys released an instrumental for the first album, do it for the second because fans like myself enjoy it. Wrong wording on my part obviously.

Maybe bulb was right earlier, Im not a fan of Periphery...Im just a fan of bulb.

space frog

Reaction score
Actually I think Jake was the first to respond to that post cuz it was made in the midst of the whole "Spencer" thing, and it was the kind of comment that seemed to lack tact, and then trolls started trolling.

I just wish we could speak of Periphery now and that ppl would stop coming in and just go "hey i think trolls are wrong im a true fan i believe they can do w/e they want bla bla bla" as this feeds the trolls.

Let's just discuss their music we have instead of the music we might hear (and how we want it to be).

Good? 1 - 2 - 3 SOLD!!! NEXT!!!

0 Xero 0

Reaction score
I know a lot of reasons to keep up a discussion board other than tell a band what you think about them.

Seriously, my original comment was "boo..more instrumentals plz" and it spins into this shit storm.

Unfortunate that people took the comments as trying to direct the band musically. Basically Im coming out saying you guys released an instrumental for the first album, do it for the second because fans like myself enjoy it. Wrong wording on my part obviously.

Maybe bulb was right earlier, Im not a fan of Periphery...Im just a fan of bulb.

Cool; in case you hacen't noticed in the 120 pages of this thread, it's called the Periphery SUPERMEGAHYPERTHREAD. Bulb is not Periphery. Most people on here like the band in some capacity and don't like tearing down musicians who have integrity. That value is rare in the music industry; most musicians just want to please their fans, but not them. Do you write music (if you write your own...) thinking, "Hey, this will make everybody happy! Who cares if I like the songs at all." Misha originally wrote his Bulb songs for a band when he and the band found a vocalist. They have and his name is Spencer Sotelo. /stupidinanevocalistarguements

')