Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
Periphery aren't an instrumental band.

I found the instrumental album really good for tabbing out songs, listening to parts more analytically. In general, it gave me a deeper view on the album, even though I prefer the version with vocals. (naturally, I guess. I don't get the hate on Spencer)

I really hope you guys at Periphery do the instrumental version for the second album. I mean, I get your point, but as Misha stated himself, 99% of your fans are musicians that maybe want to hear the single bass note, or tab down a riff or a song.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bulb

Reaction score
I found the instrumental album really good for tabbing out songs, listening to parts more analytically. In general, it gave me a deeper view on the album, even though I prefer the version with vocals. (naturally, I guess. I don't get the hate on Spencer)

I really hope you guys at Periphery do the instrumental version for the second album. I mean, I get your point, but as Misha stated himself, 99% of your fans are musicians that maybe want to hear the single bass note, or tab down a riff or a song.

we have a better idea for that, an app that lets you mix the volumes of the stems, so you can focus on exactly what you want to hear, or set up the mix the way you want
might do that

space frog

Reaction score
we have a better idea for that, an app that lets you mix the volumes of the stems, so you can focus on exactly what you want to hear, or set up the mix the way you want
might do that

that would be. NUTS.

Yum-stack for that one

:agreed::agreed::agreed:

Lukifer

Need more gain
Reaction score
Yes seriously please dont be yanking our chains!! Especially with 3 guitar players playing different lines its hard for me to pick out individual lines sometimes.

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
might do that

Heh, no but really. DT did the isolated tracks, which I found really cool. And don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on Spencer by any means. I love his voice, but the instrumental album gave another view on the album and helped me on tabbing Jetpacks and Totla Mad.

BTW bulb, now that you have (according to your studio update with the 1 second clip) progressed with your album, are you going with SD2.0 or acoustic? :)

E: I'm just wondering that what do you lose by releasing the instrumental album? Only the misunderstandings keep you away from doing so? (Not that I would understate that, I'm just curious :lol:)

bulb

Reaction score
Heh, no but really. DT did the isolated tracks, which I found really cool. And don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on Spencer by any means. I love his voice, but the instrumental album gave another view on the album and helped me on tabbing Jetpacks and Totla Mad.

BTW bulb, now that you have (according to your studio update with the 1 second clip) progressed with your album, are you going with SD2.0 or acoustic? :)

E: I'm just wondering that what do you lose by releasing the instrumental album? Only the misunderstandings keep you away from doing so? (Not that I would understate that, I'm just curious :lol:)

It will be a mix of both, how much, im not going to tell you, no good would ever come out of that because its all psychological anyways, and then i can laugh at the comments

Lukifer

Need more gain
Reaction score
You do shit just to get a ruse out of us and laugh at us dont you Bulb??? Haha

Reaction score
Periphery aren't an instrumental band.
Thanks for stating the obvious, but seeing as they DID release an instrumental version of the last one it's a valid question.

This. even if it was just a limited run or a download only thing for us "musicians" I think that'd be awesome, I'd get both versions as I'm sure others would, I prefer instrumentals myself but in the end I'd listen either way tho....

space frog

Reaction score
I think the applet thing is a very good idea, and Misha also said in that interview that the instrumental only sold at about a 1/12 ratio with the regular CD. and I'm a musician, but I still enjoy great vocalists. You know, voice IS an instrument too. so the applet is probably a more profitable idea.

Reaction score
^^ true and thats why I was saying maybe make it download only for those of us that are weird and only want the instrumental, then it would keep the cost of packaging etc down, even if we had to buy the regular version then we got a link to download the instrumental so that were still supporting them would be cool, if they do the app then I'll get that and it'll be nice.

I just hate screaming vocals though, and while I don't by any means expect them to change any of their plans based only on a few people that may feel that way, I can still at least hope theres an instrumental or the app of course lol

Bradd

Reaction score
Best. Idea. EVER.

pretty sure my drummer showed me the latest dream theatre album (special edition or something) and they gave u the stems of all the songs so u could mix them how u want or just listen to certain parts.

i also think this is a great idea for periphery's new album.

hey misha please :)

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
pretty sure my drummer showed me the latest dream theatre album (special edition or something) and they gave u the stems of all the songs so u could mix them how u want or just listen to certain parts.

i also think this is a great idea for periphery's new album.

hey misha please :)

I guess he was trolling...

Riffer

No Title
Reaction score
I need your help... | Facebook

People commenting on this are extremely disrespectful. It's not as if they're being held at gunpoint.
I'd have to disagree with you here. I don't think Spencer should be asking his fans for money for recording equipent. You never see Misha asking for money for a new custom guitar. And I worked hard for my guitars and amps. You're telling me Spencer doesnt have any other way of getting money other than to ask his fans for donations? That seems hard to believe.

Ninetyfour

Reaction score
Yeah I agree with you on that point, and I'm not donating because he should be raising the money himself, but the fact that people are calling him out over it seems really immature.

Lon

drop it like its G#!
Reaction score
Yeah I agree with you on that point, and I'm not donating because he should be raising the money himself, but the fact that people are calling him out over it seems really immature.
People are just upset over the "gief moniez plox" thing, just asking for money always has a very distinctive taste to it, if its really begging, not selling...

')