Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

spattergrind

Reaction score
It was badass. I was driving from school and I hope I wasnt going to miss The Contortionist. I didn't, stoked! Textures was good, The Human Abstract was great, and Periphery killed. Talked to Misha and Jake, nice guys. They used their Ultras and it sounded awesome. Cant wait till I get my II. :bowdown:
All in all great time.

Anybody else go?

fiveyears

Reaction score
yup. Racecar man. That's all that needs to be said. Also, the contortionist was one of the best live acts I've ever seen.

endo

Reaction score
I wanted to go, but I had to work :(

What did you guys think of No Living Witness?

spattergrind

Reaction score
I wanted to go, but I had to work :(

What did you guys think of No Living Witness?

Good, I guess. I've seen them 1-2 times before. They didnt have as many players as they did then. I only heard like the last 2 songs I think.

I didnt really care if I missed the opening bands, as long as I wouldn't miss The Contortionist, which is one of my favorite bands.

AvantGuardian

Orange Vigilante
Reaction score
Lost my Periphery-live virginity last night at Studio Seven in Seattle. They sounded great! Guitars were tight, drums sounded nice, Spencer could have been turned up a bit, but the vocals were spot on. Best show I've been to in awhile.

Ears are still ringing (meant to bring earplugs, totally forgot at the last second), back and neck are a bit sore, had an awesome time. Man, Textures were great too. I'm hoping both of those bands come back again soon.

spattergrind

Reaction score
I was surprised to see one of the guitarists of The Contortionist using a Carvin V3 head. Sounded good to me...sort of unique.

isispelican

Reaction score
it seems that the Haunted Shores song "Passenger" is going to be a Periphery song

Antenna

Oh God Damnit!
Reaction score
WIN!!!! Now I wonder about the rest of the Still unofficially released Haunted Shores Stuff......

brutalwizard

Pretty Your Petunia
Reaction score
had a blast at the periphery show, misha you were quite the character haha
he got off the stage and stood right next to me, then just walked around the crowd for a bit haha. He was being quite goofy, seemingly arrhythmicaly clapping during a clowd clap situation, and other funny onstage shenanigans.

The human abstract's fill in ryan (of corelia) put on the best vocal performance i have every seen in my life.

the contortionist's set got cut because of faulty mic chords and electricity problems messing with one of the guitarist's pedal board.

and while hanging out with matt, and the bassist and vocalist of the contortionist, and a few friends, i may or may not have "overheard" a couple new periphery riffs/songs playing from matt's macbook.
*cough* ascending groove *cough*

and i learned new periphery is slated for recording in november

and new contortionist in febuary with Jason Suecof if my memery serves me correct
(dont quote me on the suecof thing though, as i was kinda not sober ha, but at the same time pretty positive that was the name mentioned haha)

Jango

Reaction score
Forgot to mention; got to hang out with Axel a bit, and he ended up standing next to us for most of Periphery's set. Had to laugh when Misha came down and started teasing him while still playing.

bulb

Reaction score
I've heard this too...I want to know how he runs it lol...

haha that head sounds like ass, the rest of the guys hate on it, but its just what Robby has, i helped him dial it in a few days ago to make it sound a little better, but Cameron's old school dual rec absolutely destroys the v3.
Honestly though they sound great live, so i cant really complain that much...

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
Can't wait to see you guys tonight! I haven't seen Periphery since last November, its been way to long. And the Contortionist on the same bill? Fuck yeah! :hbang:

I know you'll be tearing it up at the Marquis tonight :evil:

')