Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
Wow, just wow. First listen behind and that was mindblowing. I didn't think I could be anymore excited about the new album but now I just feel like running laps until the album is released. :D

Btw, were the main lead played on synth in the chorus? Because that's what it sounded. Even though I saw Nolly play it with the guitar in the studio updates, I'm not sure.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Maggai

Slayer of the gods
Reaction score
I think Spencer really just sounds like Spencer. Just better than ever.

mortbopet

I forgot
Reaction score
This single is so amazing, and im loving the heck out of the low end and especially the vocals! The thing has a whole different vibe to it, that weren't that present on the self titled album. This just ties it all together, and its easy to hear that it was a collaborative effort to make this single (album).

Dis es nies!

rjnix_0329

Reaction score
So, I was actually about ready to start defending Periphery from the detractors before I even heard the song, just because I am such a big fan of them as musicians and people, but I decided to wait until I had a chance to listen to the song through high quality headphones.

As I listened, I was actually blown away at just how great it sounded! Spencer's vocals are not only more professional sounding, but are just absolutely crushing and massive, and the musicianship is top notch. I really, truly like the song, and not just from a somewhat fan boyish perspective. I can't wait for the album :).

wizbit81

Reaction score
Great freakin' track. Had it on repeat for the last 30 mins or so while I wait for my running partner to turn up. Love the main riff, absolute PHILTH

Reaction score
We actually spent a lot of time leveling, and i would say that the only place where the vocals tend to jump out over the mix would be on laptop speakers, especially unibody macbook pros (basically anything that is really midrangy), so i'd highly recommend listening on a nice set of headphones or speakers to get the full experience!

Yep! My 17 inch macbookpro made the vocals and drums dominant. Headphones and my car sound tits. Strong work.

cronux

Reaction score
the thing about Periphery for me is that I never could get pass the vocals...

instrument wise, the new track is really great - shows you really grew as a band and I like the production as well. waiting to hear the whole album :)

question: would you ever consider asking Jens (Meshuggah) to be a guest singer on one track? That would be interesting :D

Sebski

Reaction score
Gets better on every listen, but is there anywhere from the UK I can buy the single??

Valennic

Many Fingers
Reaction score
Well he DID say he was gonna try to get Dave Grohl for the next album....maybe in the future we can see a mess of guest vocalists? I think it'd be awesome to see Joe Duplantier on a Periphery track. But that's just because I'm a Gojira fanboy, and IMO anything Joe puts his voice over is automatic gold.

Also have the new track on repeat. I'm in love with this. I remember one of the vocal lines from an update a while ago, and it was stuck in my head for months, and here it is again.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Digging the ultra fuck out of Spencer on this. Also is anyone else stoked for Froggin Bullfish??

Looking forward to the album as a whole, but Froggin Bullfish is the highlight for me as of right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEem_dKk5C8

Whatever track is at 0:04 of this update is seriously pumping me up, the groove is ridiculous. I like the harmonic pick slide also.

What song is that if any band member can chime in?

Latest posts

')