Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

MarkPopkie

Reaction score
Super nerdy of me to say this... but does the ending electronic interlude in Make Total Destroy remind anyone of the scene where Optimus Prime dies in the OG cartoon Transformers movie?

Absolutely love the single, by the way. If this is a good cross-section of what we can expect from the rest of the CD, it's a perfect evolution from the last album. No matter what, i'm sure i'll dig it... Hence my preorder.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Buttmonkey

Reaction score
Well I haven't heard anyone say anything critique-ish about the song so I guess I will... *flameshield up* I love it, and I love Spencer's new vocal work but he does seem to hit the same note a lot in this song. Now, I understand that it fits in the song, I guess it just won't be my absolute favorite on the album. *shrug* Plus the guitars seem more saturated than in the first album, but that's just something new to get used to! The mix seems to lack just a bit of volume dynamics, but that might just be youtube/earbud quality, lol.

For me it's an 8/10 but my favorite song of Peripherys is Letter Experiment so I like the slower more groovy songs. I'm sure there's lots of them to come on the album!

I still love this song, guise.

Tyrant

Reaction score
HOLY! *BEEEEEEP!*

Awesome song, I must I really dig Spencers clean vocals, pure WIN!

Give whole album please ? haha, cant wait to hear it!

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
Well I haven't heard anyone say anything critique-ish about the song so I guess I will... *flameshield up* I love it, and I love Spencer's new vocal work but he does seem to hit the same note a lot in this song. Now, I understand that it fits in the song, I guess it just won't be my absolute favorite on the album. *shrug* Plus the guitars seem more saturated than in the first album, but that's just something new to get used to! The mix seems to lack just a bit of volume dynamics, but that might just be youtube/earbud quality, lol.

For me it's an 8/10 but my favorite song of Peripherys is Letter Experiment so I like the slower more groovy songs. I'm sure there's lots of them to come on the album!

I still love this song, guise.

The amount of mid range saturation on guitars is at the physical maximum on the first album. Nothing can top it, it's a scientific fact.

toiletstand

/\'...'/\
Reaction score
its a deep mix. at first listen i found myself having trouble getting into it. after a few tries(like with most music) and finally being able to put myself in the mix i think it sounds great.

so maybe give it some time and a few more tries :)

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
I really meant gain saturation.

It just seems...wetter.

Gotta agree with this one. Really liked the guitar sound on the debut album because it sounded more tight and less distortioned. But I'm not going to totally bash the sound on this album basing my opinion on one song. Gotta hear the whole album.

Edit: And I have listened the MTD 40 times now so that can't be the problem. :D

matt397

Tr00f
Reaction score
Looking through this thread makes me feel not so weird about having listened to the single about a 100 times now. Spencer, Obviously, is at the top of his game right now. The vocals on this track are fuckin sick. When that bridge comes in at 2:50 I could honestly put that shit on loop for ever an that scream that came in at 3:19 literaly gave me goosebumps. Fuck yeah :hbang:

Oh an anyone that still has issues with the spence vox after hearing that seriously needs to move on an listen to something else.....

Genome

Reaction score
Really liking the new single, love it, all of it, very much looking forward to the new album :)
And:
Spencer sounds like Spencer, the instrumentals sound like Periphery, and clean vocals are just a thing some people have to fucking deal with for once.
Starting to get irritated so much by all these close minded and ignorant comments all over the web, FUCK

welcome_to_the_internet.jpg

rjnix_0329

Reaction score
I really meant gain saturation.

It just seems...wetter.

I would bet that this has something to do with them using the EVH 5150 III power amp for all of their rhythm tracks. That amp is dripping with saturation, and personally it's a sound I totally love, but it is a little different from the straight POD/AxeFX stuff :agreed:.

The Buttmonkey

Reaction score
I would bet that this has something to do with them using the EVH 5150 III power amp for all of their rhythm tracks. That amp is dripping with saturation, and personally it's a sound I totally love, but it is a little different from the straight POD/AxeFX stuff :agreed:.

Well like I said, I don't hate it, it's just different, but I think I'll grow to love it.

It really reminds me of Red Seas Fire! Gee, I wonder why....:lol:

decypher

Reaction score
Starting to get irritated so much by all these close minded and ignorant comments all over the web, FUCK

How about growing up and accepting other opinions? :idea:

On topic: "new" song sounds quite fun for what it is. The clean singing isn't too cheesy.

Valennic

Many Fingers
Reaction score
How about growing up and accepting other opinions? :idea:

On topic: "new" song sounds quite fun for what it is. The clean singing isn't too cheesy.

The people he's talking about need to grow up themselves. Not sure if you've seen the posts he's talking about, but its hardly fair to tell him to grow up and accept other opinions when these guys are saying what they're saying.

Latest posts

')