Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

eventhetrees

What's a Panini?
Reaction score
I just realized the drums are mixed from the perspective of if you were watching Matt play in a room or on stage, not the perspective of sitting behind a kit (which most albums are and the first album was).

This always throws me off when bands do this. I noticed the rumble of the floor tom on the right, but I'm like oh he either had 2 floor toms recording or they had fix changing it up while mixing. Then I realized the hi hat is on the right not left. Not a big deal at all, just Matt's drumming already is mind bending enough but hearing it all mirror'd makes air drumming confusing too, sounds aren't coming from the right places :p hahaha.

OH, did he use a rack tom at all or just the floor. Sounds like there's no rack tom. Saves time when mixing/editing drums eh haha

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rgaRyan

Ermahgerd!
Reaction score
Mark can really play his ass off, I keep bugging him to write solos, hopefully he'll do some for Juggs.
But by then, even more games will be out on Xbox and more chicks will be kneeling before him...

...bowing before him! Dirty minds. :bowdown::shred:

Ambit

Beansack!
Reaction score
this thread has more views than the "what are you listening to?" thread haha

RagtimeDandy

On a Musical Journey
Reaction score
Hey Jake or Misha, how long are your sets gunna be during Summer Slaughter? Are we gunna get a good 45 min like with Protest the Hero or is it some unfortunately shorter length of time? You guys and like 2 other bands are my reason for going, as I'm sure is anyone else on this forum that is going, so we'd all love to see you guys for more than some opening act time!

devolutionary

No longer 7-less
Reaction score
Seriously, who do I have to skull fuck to get you guys to New Zealand? You got so close once! *sobs*

RagtimeDandy

On a Musical Journey
Reaction score
30 minutes? Not sure could be more... we are playing new shit though.

I recommend opening with Murumasa. Or at least at the Palladium where I'll be going :hbang: Anyone who hasn't heard you guys is gunna get their minds decimated with that, it just grabS you by the throat like "WE ARE PERIPHERY AND THIS IS GOOD FUCKING MUSIC". Could easily be my favorite opening song on any album i've heard this year!

Valennic

Many Fingers
Reaction score
Streaming it now.

Holy mother of christ. I'm smiling like a child in a candy store right now. Its just beautiful, I have no words for this. I'm in shock.

RagtimeDandy

On a Musical Journey
Reaction score
So Facepalm Mute was written by Spencer? Does he also play guitar? How many fucking guitarist are in this band lol

Dan Halen

Reaction score
30 minutes? Not sure could be more... we are playing new shit though.

Sick as FUCK!!! i dont think ive ever wanted any band to play mostly new stuff on a tour hahahaha. i think most bands should do a pretty even set of new and old but you guys just tore that down.

Since you did a lot of (or most of) the work with Luck as a Constant, what did you do in the intro riff? is it just Palm-muted Alt. picking? I really love that song, even way back on the demos. i just couldn't ever figure that one part out.

you guys really brought it to life in the end. and you destroyed this Album. i dont think any of us could be happier.

RagtimeDandy

On a Musical Journey
Reaction score
you guys really brought it to life in the end. and you destroyed this Album. i dont think any of us could be happier.

This. It's very rare my expectations are met and exceeded. My expectations got shattered by this album, you guy stepped your game up so much :shred:. Last time I was this impressed with an album was PTH's Scurrilous...it's been far too long since I've had good new music lol

Latest posts

')