Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jordanscot

Outlier
Reaction score
Wow, this album is fantastic. Gotta crash before I can finish it but I am looking forward to driving to this tomorrow :D

0 Xero 0

Reaction score
This may or may have not been intentional, but the synthy overlay in Ragnarok reminds me of the track, "Who... are you?", from FFVII. Just so you can check back here for convenience (and for the sad people who have no idea what I'm talking about)

Luckily, the synth part doesn't instill that creepy feeling of seeing Jenova for the first time, haha.

Sephiroth952

Ibby Fanboy
Reaction score
This may or may have not been intentional, but the synthy overlay in Ragnarok reminds me of the track, "Who... are you?", from FFVII. Just so you can check back here for convenience (and for the sad people who have no idea what I'm talking about)

Luckily, the synth part doesn't instill that creepy feeling of seeing Jenova for the first time, haha.
That would be the most awesome coincidence ever.

jordanky

Contributor
Reaction score
The overall production of everything couldn't be much better, I love it! On the guest solos, did Guthrie and JP track them on the Axe FX 2, or did they bring their actual rigs in? JP's solo tone sounds pretty much dead-on.

JakePeriphery

who callin my phone?
Reaction score
The overall production of everything couldn't be much better, I love it! On the guest solos, did Guthrie and JP track them on the Axe FX 2, or did they bring their actual rigs in? JP's solo tone sounds pretty much dead-on.

Nah, me and him worked on the tone with headphones on an Axe FX 2, we recorded it in a hotel room.

GSingleton

Sleep on, Fly on
Vendor
Reaction score
880526bc_mother_of_god.jpeg

listening to the stream

ScottyB724

Reaction score
My favorite guest solo has to be the one from Wes. Of course they are all amazing, but yeah.

Local Astronaut
Reaction score
I was planning on waiting until I had a physical copy of the album to listen to it, but you motherfuckers are making that way too difficult. I have the day off tomorrow. I know I'm going to give in and listen to it. :mad:

Sounds incredible. My expectations are that it will be the best album of all time based on these responses. Haha

WolleK

Reaction score
Their first album has already such a high level of musical potential but you improved so much... so musical :hbang:

The intro riff of scarlet still gives me goosepimples every time i listen to it.

Decisions to make- off to university or day off and listen to the album over and over again?

Slunk Dragon

Gear Nerder
Reaction score
Just listened to the entire album, holy hell this has been hyped up to freaking much, I think it far exceeds all of that. Definitely the most satisfying album I've been waiting to hear for quite some time. All of the ambient flourishes feel way more developed in this album (and Epoch is a beautiful break), and overall it feels like there's more breathing room in between the heavy bits. Awesome as hell album, now I just need to see you guys live!

Marcus

I kill threads
Reaction score
Finished my first listen, this album's easily better than I had imagined it would be based off the samples, you were right about them not properly representing the songs at all Misha! I think my favourite thing so far is the bass tone, when it stands out it sounds immense.

There is just one little thing though, I've noticed the playback isn't continuous when songs change on my CD. I've tried it through as many players as I can find (computer, CD player, home theater system, ipod, car) but there's always little gaps between songs :( Any ideas?

Latest posts

')