Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

bulb

Reaction score
Finished my first listen, this album's easily better than I had imagined it would be based off the samples, you were right about them not properly representing the songs at all Misha! I think my favourite thing so far is the bass tone, when it stands out it sounds immense.

There is just one little thing though, I've noticed the playback isn't continuous when songs change on my CD. I've tried it through as many players as I can find (computer, CD player, home theater system, ipod, car) but there's always little gaps between songs :( Any ideas?

Really? That definitely shouldn't happen, we took several measures to make sure that didn't happen. Does anyone else who has the Australian pressing have this issue? If so we need to get this resolved!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bulb

Reaction score
Wes's solo is perhaps the most impressive in that it completely holds its own with Petrucci and Govan solos, and those dudes are acclaimed world class guitarists. But as i have always said, Wes is the best guitarist that people don't know (yet!) and we are trying to change that. I absolutely LOVE his solo!

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
This album is very good, very very good. I am sure I will find some awesome little bits.
Can't wait to listen to it loud as shit on the B&O system in my car :)

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
Wes's solo is perhaps the most impressive in that it completely holds its own with Petrucci and Govan solos, and those dudes are acclaimed world class guitarists. But as i have always said, Wes is the best guitarist that people don't know (yet!) and we are trying to change that. I absolutely LOVE his solo!

Hey, your solos are not bad either! :)
Who does the tapped (are they tapped) arpeggios in Mile Zero?

TimTomTum

Reaction score
Not even through the album, BUT there is so much melodie going on. DUDE, I love this. Could already list so many things I like and had on repeat. There is this passage on Ji where Spencer is just taking everything to the very very next level, so cool.

And by the way, Misha, you need to take the Tremol-no out of one of your guitars for the guthrie solo, ain't you? :) Have a blast is so cool...

Marcus

I kill threads
Reaction score
Really? That definitely shouldn't happen, we took several measures to make sure that didn't happen. Does anyone else who has the Australian pressing have this issue? If so we need to get this resolved!

It'll suck if it happens for all the Australian copies :noway: I mean it's not a deal breaker by any means but it does just throw you off a tiny bit, the more obvious jumps were for Mile Zero->Masamune and Ji->Scarlet (I understand with Ji->Scarlet the track itself is jumpy/staccato in the beginning but there was a definite lag on one of the accents, like the song tripped over itself)

MobiusR

Thall, that is all
Reaction score
if im correct ragnarok is in Drop Ab with a low F#. Im trying to learn it and its much fun so far XD

Drummerrrrr

Reaction score

No issues with my copy, mang

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
if im correct ragnarok is in Drop Ab with a low F#. Im trying to learn it and its much fun so far XD

Well at least it's not an 8-string song I don't believe it has a low F# in it. Could be wrong tho...

Could someone, like Misha, open up a bit of the tunings in this album? Would be super cool and save a lot of time.

MobiusR

Thall, that is all
Reaction score
Well at least it's not an 8-string song I don't believe it has a low F# in it. Could be wrong tho...

Could someone, like Misha, open up a bit of the tunings in this album? Would be super cool and save a lot of time.

I remember misha responding to a question and he mentioned that tuning. Im currently playing along in the tuning and it has alot of octave chords and low F# notes. Ji is the only 8 string song as far as i know ;)

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
I remember misha responding to a question and he mentioned that tuning. Im currently playing along in the tuning and it has alot of octave chords and low F# notes. Ji is the only 8 string song as far as i know ;)

Yea it is, but could it be so that they have gone a step lower with their 7's too? Sounds like a cool idea anyway.

Metal_Webb

Needs more strings
Reaction score

Just gotta say...mate, the album is absolute off tits! Gave me a well creamy cloaca.

Also, I can confirm that there are tiny skips in between tracks. I noticed Ji => Scarlet while driving, so there defo is something up with it.

noobstix

Reaction score
so brutal that it made flash player crash....
ywPgH.png

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
Just gotta say...mate, the album is absolute off tits! Gave me a well creamy cloaca.

Also, I can confirm that there are tiny skips in between tracks. I noticed Ji => Scarlet while driving, so there defo is something up with it.

Just hoping that EU version won't have the issue. Also it will have bonus songs, so it will be worth the 2 week wait.

BTW. Is there a chanse to get to hear this in FLAC at some point?

tr0n

djent n00b
Reaction score

I keep hearing the odd jump here and there (a bit like a vinyl skip) when listening on both my iPhone and PC. I have a suspicion that might be intentional to prevent certain things from happening...

')