Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

IamLukas

Reaction score
Congratulations for Nolly and the band, he's a real monster and a perfect fit to Periphery IMO.
The album is perfect, simply perfect.....can't say one bad word about it. Just like I imagined after I heard the samples.
Sick outro :yesway:.
You guys play the Euroblast Vol. 8? Whoa, it hasn't even been announced yet.
Great to hear :lol:.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jjfiegel

Reaction score
I'd say Nolly would move. Seems like that would be the smart move. I know Nolly wrote all of the bass, but did he help with anything else? I just wonder how much Periphery will change with his added input. I love what Mark and Spencer have brought to the sound.

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
Congratulations for Nolly! I feel bad for RSF but if they can continue with 4 members then I see no problem. :D

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
I started getting a bad case of Prog Fatigue last night trying to listen to the whole album start to finish.. ye gods. The Ocean's Precambrian is only 14 minutes longer than this disc and it was a double album.

The Beard

Suttbex
Reaction score
I woke up, pulled out my laptop, went on facebook, saw that Nolly had joined, and then jumped out of bed and began celebrating in interpretive dance :metal:

bulb

Reaction score
Just to be clear on the Australian release we have more than one person saying there are gaps on the album?
I am going to let management/RR Aus know right now!!

Dan Halen

Reaction score
So I feel a little bit sad about Red Seas fire.....I mean it's AMAZING that Nolls got the gig with Periphery, but I really thought Nolly fit Red Seas Fire so well. especially that he got to play lead guitar. And Even though Pete didn't give him that many lead bits I'm SURE that he did give Nolly some creative say in the processes of the first album.

But As a huge fan of Both RSF and Periphery I wish Nolly the best. I know Nolly made a decision after long, proper debate with himself. And hopefully one of 2 things will happen, or both. 1) Periphery play a US tour together with both RSF and The Safety Fire. 2) NOlly Gets a guest solo or 2 on the next RSF album, or Nolly is asked to do the leads for RSF.

Either way great news that everyone's still cool.

TimTomTum

Reaction score
Dude... I doubt that I can take this. Mrak, Jakeyjake, Bulb and Nolly in one band is just too much guitar-related creativity. WOAH. Yes, I am not being serious here, but still... this is just an awesome lineup and I am really looking forward to what comes next. That's about the strings. Spencer and Matt are just perfect on their jobs. So...

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Wow major congrats to Nols! :D That's awesome news for him! I love RSF so a little bummed for their loss, but I'm sure Pete and the rest of the group will keep putting out great music! :yesway: That being said, I'm super happy for Periphery as they have a truly all-star lineup now! :wub: :wub: :wub: Too much talent in a single band! :rofl:

bhakan

Reaction score
Periphery is on a crusade to steal all of the worlds awesome guitar players! Bulb, Jake, Mark, Nolly, guest solo's by Loomis, Guthrie, Petrucci, Wes. SO MANY GUITARISTS!

MarkPopkie

Reaction score
I know we've established that thoughts and opinions are like assholes... we've all got 'em and they all STINK. but i have to share a couple thoughts...

1) The new album is incredible. The first one was already one of my all-time favorites and they found a way to improve upon the formula in every possible way. Didn't think it was possible, but I'm genuinely amazed.

2) I love the fact that the only 8-string song on the album is packed with Spencer's falsetto. This is an unequivocally badass move.

3) I love that Mrak is all over this album. I hear his influence so much and it's cool.

4) Unbelievably stoked that Nolly is a permanent member. It's almost a waste to have him on bass, but this album is clear proof that his talents will not be wasted. I always selfishly hoped this would happen... even though I'm a fan of RSF.

5) LOVE the 3-song arch. I thought the reprise was dead in the world of modern music... but those 3 Skyrim-themed songs are amazing. When the reprise came in during Ragnarok, i pooped a little. No joke, when Spencer hit that high note... i had a crisis.

6) I want to buy all kinds of new gear just to listen to this album.

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
blub, since Nolly looked extremely happy in that fb pic about him joining, does that mean he's going to move in with you?

Real World: Pheriphey?

Latest posts

')