Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

osmosis2259

Reaction score
I swear I can listen to the last 2 mins of Masamune for another 15 mins straight I wouldn't be bored. So heavy!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nats

Reaction score
Yeah... how dare he!!? It's like he thinks he's their LEAD FUCKING SINGER or something. The nerve of that guy....

awww, that's cute. 2 defensive posts from you on one page. Keep fighting the good fight!

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Periphery should release a "vocals only" version just to fuck with the haters. :lol:

Local Astronaut
Reaction score
The solo in Luck as a Constant...

d4898694_74532dd2_mother-of-god.jpeg

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
Holy shit this Mile Zero has started growing up on me. The chorus is almost as good as FpM's. Love the fast tapping-lick at the background. Hauch's solo ain't bad either. :)

Dan_Vacant

Reaction score
I listened to the stream on you tube and stopped at scarlet, casue I need to have some surprise for when I buy the album, but from listing to the few songs I thought "Holy Cock, that is awesome!"

RemoWilliams

Reaction score
To bulb and the rest of the guys thank you! I had such high hopes/expectations for this record that I was almost positive I would be disappointed by at least something. As a band you have greatly exceeded those expectations.

It's a pleasure to watch a band of this kind grow and not lose what makes them special.

I'll be seeing you guys on Summer Slaughter in Charlotte. Still can't believe I'm going to get to see BTBAM, The Faceless, and Periphery at one show!:hbang:

Dan Halen

Reaction score
So how does all of this stuff make you guys feel? I mean you really killed it with the album and i think 98% of it has been positive. And even if someone says they dont like something they immediately back it up with a "But, [part on song] was soooo fucking awesome, and so was [other parts on 3 different songs]"

I'd say this may take you on a completely different journey, and you might even be bigger than you think you are right now. I've read in a couple of magazines that this is one of THE top 10 most anticipated albums of the year, and not just on the top 10, but around 4 or 5.

Reaction score
Well, after listen to the album multiple times I just have to say that I love it. The reprises were brilliantly done, the acoustic section at the end of Froggin' Bullfish was simply amazing, all the riffs sounded great from the fantastic production, and Jake's interludes were really great as well (the Racecar call back was sick). I had really high hopes for this album and it came out so great and I am so stoked on music at the moment. This really does help me with riff ideas too!

Also, Spencer destroyed it in the best way possible.

nickgray

Reaction score

Huh? They did release the instrumental version of the original album, you know, and that's the only version I listen to because I can't stand the vocals. How ludicrous of me to ask whether they are planning to release an instrumental version of this album as well.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Huh? They did release the instrumental version of the original album, you know, and that's the only version I listen to because I can't stand the vocals. How ludicrous of me to ask whether they are planning to release an instrumental version of this album as well.

1) It's been asked THOUSANDS of times.
2) Misha ALSO answered thousands of times that there won't be one.
3) He also said if you don't like the vocals, then move on. I'm not saying this, he did awhile back.

MobiusR

Thall, that is all
Reaction score
Nolly just confirmed on Formspring that both Ragnarok and Masamune are in F#-D#-G#-C#-F#-A#-D#. So just regular Drop G# with the 7th string dropped another full step. :agreed:

YES I WAS RIGHT! Time to learn not only ragnarok but masamune! :)

nickgray

Reaction score
1) It's been asked THOUSANDS of times.
2) Misha ALSO answered thousands of times that there won't be one.
3) He also said if you don't like the vocals, then move on. I'm not saying this, he did awhile back.

Oh well, that's a shame. Kind of a strange move, I mean plenty of people would want to buy the instrumental version and because there isn't one, well, they wouldn't buy anything. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense if you ask me.

MarkPopkie

Reaction score

I apologize for accusing you of trolling. Every 4-5 pages or so, someone will ask a question very similar to yours... "Will there be an instrumental version?" or "God I can't stand Spencer's voice, why don't they just give in to the fans that want an instrumental album?" ...and then there's always a mad rush of butt-hurt fanboys (myself included) that jump on the question.

Just to clarify:
1) Use the search function... The question has indeed been answered dozens of times by forum members and members of the band.

2) The more people ask for an instrumental version, the more the band takes the "we do what we want" attitude. Their stance is this: They have a vocalist, they like having a vocalist, they're not an instrumental band.

3) If you want an instrumental version to learn guitar parts, they are working on something to fill that void. If you want the instrumental version to avoid Spencer's voice, stick with the bulb demos. You wouldn't ask AC/DC to put out an instrumental version of Back in Black just because you don't like Brian Johnson's voice. That's not how bands work.

4) From a business standpoint, you may be right about it not being a smart financial move to cut out the fans of instrumental Periphery... but the debut instrumental was misconstrued as Periphery not being confident in their choice of a singer. Giving in now would give credence to this theory. But in the end, they're artists and they'll do as they please. Their artistic vision is not complete (in their eyes) without vocals.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
but the debut instrumental was misconstrued as Periphery not being confident in their choice of a singer. Giving in now would give credence to this theory. But in the end, they're artists and they'll do as they please. Their artistic vision is not complete (in their eyes) without vocals.

This is what I really wanted to say. Just couldn't word it right. :(

Reaction score
I asked Misha on Formspring a little over a week ago about this service called Jammit. Basically the master tracks are separated on each song and you can mix them in and out to hear just guitar/drums/bass/vocals. He said they were looking into it, so we may get some form or another of an instrumental.

lPYHc.png

')