Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

MarkPopkie

Reaction score
This is what I really wanted to say. Just couldn't word it right. :(

Haha it's cool man... you did make a good point though... and even if you wouldn't personally echo Misha's words, i definitely would!

If you don't like Periphery with vocals, then you don't like Periphery anymore. Move on. There are plenty of other bands that would be right up your alley.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I DO remember Mish saying that he was really impressed with Spencer's vocals, and also said if people weren't impressed with his vocals now, then they're out of luck.

JakePeriphery

who callin my phone?
Reaction score
I apologize for accusing you of trolling. Every 4-5 pages or so, someone will ask a question very similar to yours... "Will there be an instrumental version?" or "God I can't stand Spencer's voice, why don't they just give in to the fans that want an instrumental album?" ...and then there's always a mad rush of butt-hurt fanboys (myself included) that jump on the question.

Just to clarify:
1) Use the search function... The question has indeed been answered dozens of times by forum members and members of the band.

2) The more people ask for an instrumental version, the more the band takes the "we do what we want" attitude. Their stance is this: They have a vocalist, they like having a vocalist, they're not an instrumental band.

3) If you want an instrumental version to learn guitar parts, they are working on something to fill that void. If you want the instrumental version to avoid Spencer's voice, stick with the bulb demos. You wouldn't ask AC/DC to put out an instrumental version of Back in Black just because you don't like Brian Johnson's voice. That's not how bands work.

4) From a business standpoint, you may be right about it not being a smart financial move to cut out the fans of instrumental Periphery... but the debut instrumental was misconstrued as Periphery not being confident in their choice of a singer. Giving in now would give credence to this theory. But in the end, they're artists and they'll do as they please. Their artistic vision is not complete (in their eyes) without vocals.

Fuck yeah.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
I'd really like to hear the first album re-recorded with Spencer's massively improved vocals and this production... any chance that'll ever happen?

JakePeriphery

who callin my phone?
Reaction score
I'd really like to hear the first album re-recorded with Spencer's massively improved vocals and this production... any chance that'll ever happen?

Probably not, or not until we have a midlife crisis and need to remember our glory days.

0 Xero 0

Reaction score
The album is amazing! I've listened to it several times am in awe of all the hard work you out in it, because it really shines through. I think Erised should be the next single because it will be a [insert silly pop band here] killer and probably me you all even more popular (hopefully!). Also, Jake, your solos and contributions are amazing (as are everyone else's), but I can hear your parts better on this album. Keep up the good work everyone!

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Halfway through the album.

Seriously, just shut up and take my money already. Top album of 2012 contender fa sho'.

Also, I'm pretty sure the addition of Nolly to the band has made Periphery a modern prog supergroup.

JaeSwift

Of Blood and Sawdust
Reaction score
Just started listening to the album on the stream, Have a Blast has already blown me away enough to give you all my moneyz.

Seriously impressive

MarkPopkie

Reaction score
not nearly enough props for Taylor Larson up in here... the music is great, but it sounds amazing. he's the new John Feldmann for me... or at least the closest I'll ever get to actually having a Periphery album produced by Feldy.

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
Picked up my copy yesterday. FUUUUUUUCK!
Love it.
Is anyone else feeling like this album has a lot to do with vampires by the way? The lyrics seem to relate to them a lot.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Muramasa, Have A Blast, Ragnarok, Erise... I'd pay good money for just those songs.

But honestly, this album is pure genius. I cannot believe how fucking good it is.

The gods MUST be crazy, for not giving me more thumbs to put up.

Local Astronaut
Reaction score
Finally got through it all, I understand why you guys are so proud. You should be! Unbelievable record from start to finish. There was nothing about it that I didn't like. Bravo!

Metal_Webb

Needs more strings
Reaction score
Just to be clear on the Australian release we have more than one person saying there are gaps on the album?
I am going to let management/RR Aus know right now!!

There are gaps, noticeable but nothing huge, it's not like there's seconds of silence, just tiny gaps.

')