Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

JakePeriphery

who callin my phone?
Reaction score
There are gaps, noticeable but nothing huge, it's not like there's seconds of silence, just tiny gaps.

We're trying to get that fixed for later batches of the CD, really sorry, it's hard to nail these things down when you can't oversee that process yourself which is why the debut worked out haha

I'm sure you could download a copy of the US version at some point to get a gap-less version. Not condoning pirating just so everyone knows.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lagtastic

Five Align
Reaction score
The new album has somehow pushed my little cousin out of his Dubstep fanboyism. Now this is all he wants to listen to. Thanks for the great album guys, I think we've finally made a future metalhead out of my cousin.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
The new album has somehow pushed my little cousin out of his Dubstep fanboyism. Now this is all he wants to listen to. Thanks for the great album guys, I think we've finally made a future metalhead out of my cousin.

I sure hope it does the same to my roommate! He is a lover of, literally, just about any music; but the amount of dubstep, trance, techno crap that comes out of his room drives me nuts!

JakePeriphery

who callin my phone?
Reaction score
"some f***** leads and vocals over the top we can cash in on all the f***** faux metallers and i guess it works so hats off to em, but i dont wear a hat so they can suck my dick."

ahahahaha

Metal_Webb

Needs more strings
Reaction score
We're trying to get that fixed for later batches of the CD, really sorry, it's hard to nail these things down when you can't oversee that process yourself which is why the debut worked out haha

I'm sure you could download a copy of the US version at some point to get a gap-less version. Not condoning pirating just so everyone knows.

That'd be just me getting a digital backup ;)

Ehh, it's nothing I'm gonna cry about. If I really wanted to fix it, I'd just rip it and edit out the gap myself but as it stands, it's nothing major. Hell, it's relatively minor as far as a stuffup goes. Amorphis' "Skyforger" had the whole bridge of the title track go to near silence on the first pressing of the digipack version.

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
I have tested out my CD on a few platforms (car, pc, cd player) and I'm not hearing any gaps.

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
Actually there is a very slight pause between Ji and scarlet, none of the others though :s

Marcus

I kill threads
Reaction score

That'd be just me getting a digital backup ;)

Ehh, it's nothing I'm gonna cry about. If I really wanted to fix it, I'd just rip it and edit out the gap myself but as it stands, it's nothing major. Hell, it's relatively minor as far as a stuffup goes. Amorphis' "Skyforger" had the whole bridge of the title track go to near silence on the first pressing of the digipack version.

Yeah, my itunes copy of After the Burial's Rareform has about 5 seconds of silence in between the songs, so this pales in comparison :lol:

In all seriousness if I decide it's too much of a distraction I'll probably buy it on itunes, more first week sales for you guys!

CloudAC

Chaz
Reaction score
I love how that weird-pitched harmony thing from Spence's vocals that was in one of the studio updates is very quietly in Erised. The 'release me from this plan(?)' bit about 0:50 in and also before Bulb's solo. Unless my mind is playing tricks with me every time I hear it :lol: Love hearing the little cool bits you wont hear the first couple listens.

jdyoung22

Reaction score
Can someone point me to the "Racecar" reprise in "Ragnarok"? I am missing it somewhere. What time does it come in at? I hear the reprise with the album intro, just not from Racecar. Any help?

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
It's shit. Or at least random internet people will guarantee I said so, not to mention how much I detest Misha and Nolly for reasons yet unclear to me. :lol:

Having said this, while I still haven't had the time to listen too keenly, I am really digging it and I find the band's work has matured beautifully. :)

square stomp

stomp the square
Reaction score
Erised, Ragnarok and Masamune are my current favourites. Spencer's Vocals are especially ridonkulous in Froggin' Bullfish! I hope his insane performance on the new album has shut up the haters.

rgaRyan

Ermahgerd!
Reaction score
Don't know if this has been posted, or if you guys know yet, but Nolly is now a full time Periphery member.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Spencer's Vocals are especially ridonkulous in Froggin' Bullfish! I hope his insane performance on the new album has shut up the haters.

But for real. I loved his vocals from the get-go, but DAMN he sounds insanely good on this album. The cleans are more pronounced and the screams are just eeeeeevil.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
Can someone point me to the "Racecar" reprise in "Ragnarok"? I am missing it somewhere. What time does it come in at? I hear the reprise with the album intro, just not from Racecar. Any help?

there's a clean part where the clean chords from Racecar come in. I thought it was fucking brilliant :D

jdyoung22

Reaction score
there's a clean part where the clean chords from Racecar come in. I thought it was fucking brilliant :D

Still not hearing it. There is a clean part with delay at 2:20, but I really can't hear the underlying chord progression. Is that it? Only cleanish guitar part I hear in the song.

NSXTypeZero

Reaction score
JAKE!! Tell me you're working on John's solo so y'all can tear up Erised live! God damn that song is amazing, along with the rest of the album :agreed:

You killed that shit on Jeff's solo in Racecar - we already know you got the chops mah nga!

Latest posts

')