Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

Cynic

Bored Stiff
Reaction score
What? I live in Maryland. I was expecting to get a notice Saturday as its supposed to arrive Tuesday.

tumblr_lqmb58zs8J1qcafvv.gif

merch connection

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chris_Casket

Reaction score
Got the Australian release today, no gaps on mine at all! Album is awesome love the more melodic approach to it, Scarlet was always a favourite of mine and is even better with vocals!
Also Jake and Misha's solo's hold there own if not surpass some of the guest solos!

matt397

Tr00f
Reaction score
tumblr_lqmb58zs8J1qcafvv.gif

merch connection

Ah, Merch Connection, the single worst merch outfit I've ever had the indecency of having to deal with. Just a forewarning to anyone, if you have any questions about your order being late, as my Periphery S/T was by almost a month, be prepared for an asshole response. Good luck everyone !! :yesway:

AirJordanStaal

Reaction score
Is it the labels decision to use merch connection or what? I've only dealt with them once, when I bought the Icarus EP and while they gouged me for shipping I did get the album on time. The shipping thing left a bad taste in my mouth, if it would've been late too i'm not sure what i'd have done.

The wait for this album is brutal, I'm in the group of people that didn't listen to the stream. I checked out a few clips but didn't let myself spoil it. My resolve is failing me fast though, this thread has been torture.

CloudAC

Chaz
Reaction score
I've had one experience with MC, and it was a good one. Arrived fairly quickly considering im in Scotland. Guess I was lucky! Im also becoming a huge fan of Masamune, what an ending! So evil! Sound like such a fanboy, but this is really one of the greatest albums I have ever heard.

JoeyBTL

Reaction score
After all this wonderful stuff we're hearing about Merck connection has anyone considered canceling their order and doing a different preorder? I know I wouldn't get the album by Tiesday but that seems better than the chance of getting it a month late.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
wait for the real thing it does genuinely sound better!

I bet! I can't wait to blast this shit in the ghetto I gotta drive through to where I'm workin' Tuesday afternoon.

Valennic

Many Fingers
Reaction score
After all this wonderful stuff we're hearing about Merck connection has anyone considered canceling their order and doing a different preorder? I know I wouldn't get the album by Tiesday but that seems better than the chance of getting it a month late.

Too late at this point sadly.

Either way, I'd prefer it a month late to my post people delivering it to the wrong address and going on a wild goose chase for it for a month. That's a lot more stressful, and its what happened to me and Weightless.

James B

Reaction score
I wanted to see if merch connections ridiculous shipping fee went down so I set up my shopping cart and looked. Nope, still $35 to the U.S. Later that day I received an email from them. Apparently, they saw that I was going to place an order and urged me to finish the process. I replied saying "Sorry I can't I don't have enough the shipping fee is too steep". They have sent me an email a day for two days now, with the last saying "oh hey I know this is the third time but you can still give us money". The site is not worth the time. Giving all of you a heads up, if you don't already know.

rgaRyan

Ermahgerd!
Reaction score
Some guy in his big honkin' 4x4 pulled up beside me yesterday, blaring his shitty techno stuff.

So I cranked up Epoch.

tbb529

Reaction score
Periphery's debut was my favorite album of all time. Since the stream of the new album went online, I haven't listened to a single track from the first album. Damn you Periphery II for being so badass it's tainted my love of the first album.

Dan Halen

Reaction score
I wanted to see if merch connections ridiculous shipping fee went down so I set up my shopping cart and looked. Nope, still $35 to the U.S. Later that day I received an email from them. Apparently, they saw that I was going to place an order and urged me to finish the process. I replied saying "Sorry I can't I don't have enough the shipping fee is too steep". They have sent me an email a day for two days now, with the last saying "oh hey I know this is the third time but you can still give us money". The site is not worth the time. Giving all of you a heads up, if you don't already know.

I got that email too but it was because i was one step away from finalizing the order so my paypal and their systems were stuck in limbo. I think the email is an automated response to that and also a do not reply so that would be the reason you didnt get a reply for 2 days. you should email them directly and tell them how awful their shipping prices are instead of just emailing the machine. haha

rgaRyan

Ermahgerd!
Reaction score
I'm currently learning the solo (first half) to Luck As A Constant.

I don't know how to shred three notes per string and I hate myself because of that! Argh!

NSXTypeZero

Reaction score
drum playthrough video for Erised plzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplz

Unfortunately, Matt doesn't put up playthrough's of anything. :erk: As a drummer myself, he is one of my favorite drummers in metal, and he has yet to post playthroughs of anything, ever. Other than a few random improv jams :(

I'm sure if you jump on his site BandHappy, he'll teach you that song one-on-one for $40+ per hour - I'd wager that's why he doesn't post anything, now that he has the ability to monetize those people who want to know how to play his music.

On the up shot, the Orbinator (aka GOD) has posted 3 or 4 playthroughs of material he wrote from the S/T...

Hopefully Troy Wright or one of the couple other total beasts on youtube covers some PII with 100% perfection, like Troy does with Meshuggah and AAL and friends

Matt is damn amazing, I just wish he had a similar connection to his fans that the rest of Periphery does

toiletstand

/\'...'/\
Reaction score
he has a great connection with fans id say. but remember along with periphery hes running his own business and whatever else he has to do on the side.

NSXTypeZero

Reaction score
he has a great connection with fans id say. but remember along with periphery hes running his own business and whatever else he has to do on the side.

I hear ya, I'm not saying he's a total recluse a'la Howard Hughes, its just that guys like Misha (producing) and Nolly (producing/working with BKP) are probably just as busy as Matt (since he has a board of directors to direct BandHappy with him) and Misha/Mrak/Nolly still find time to post here regularly, reply to a million formspring comments, and STILL do Guitar Messenger or other outlets that involve showing how to play their content. THAT, my friends, is boss :bowdown:

Latest posts

')