Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

bulb

Reaction score
I can't wait to queue (and hopefully buy) tickets for you guys and Meshuggah at Scharinska in Umeå. I've been dreaming about seeing both bands for ages now and finally you play the same evening at my favorite bar as well. Holy shit!

So fucking excited for this! It's gonna be a hell of a party, and we will not sleep for 2 days to make this happen on our day off haha, WORTH IT!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
One of my buddies lent me Prephery 2 yesterday and I gave it a listen. The singer reminds me of the dude from Linkin Park and the music has kind of a "dub step" but a metal feel (it sounds like ten people on a construction site making different tones with there equipment in no particular order or fashion) interesting music, not my type of stuff though.

that has got to be the strangest description of periphery iv ever seen
im curious as to what you mean by a "dub step feel":scratch:

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score

imo its the sense of barely controlled chaos. like skrillex brostep style stuff played on real instruments. lots of musicianship, jumpin all over the place, little to hook you on a first listen since even the vocals are jumping around like mad. subtle genius that becomes apparent only on repeated listens, provided you can get past the beep boop beep bop of it all

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score

Well I kind of know what he's trying to say with it. Periphery, in metal, distantly feels to me the same as dubstep feels to me in electronic music. Can't describe it better and I know it's not a perfectly justified opinion. Maybe it comes from the fact that the sounds are pretty processed (and compressed!) in both and both got a certain mid-tempo groovy songs. Meh, think about it, but don't go mad at me for saying this lol.

bulb

Reaction score
Well I kind of know what he's trying to say with it. Periphery, in metal, distantly feels to me the same as dubstep feels to me in electronic music. Can't describe it better and I know it's not a perfectly justified opinion. Maybe it comes from the fact that the sounds are pretty processed (and compressed!) in both and both got a certain mid-tempo groovy songs. Meh, think about it, but don't go mad at me for saying this lol.

I could see how someone might take that from our music, and I definitely wouldn't take offense to that either!

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
I could see how someone might take that from our music, and I definitely wouldn't take offense to that either!

Yeah well, funnily enough it doesn't seem to be you that takes stuff related to your band, offensively anyway. (In matters of opinions that is)
Why I'm trying to take any of my sayings back is because people tend to have hard emotions over things such as dubstep and djent.

That said, from me that actually was more of a compliment than an offence. I see nothing bad in either of the genres or styles (sue me) like many people, for an unknown reason tend to see.

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
I always related dubstep and djent very closely, haha. Not so much Periphery but other more generic bands.

bigredmetfan

Reaction score

Yeah i hope you don't take any offense to it....take it as a compliment :) whatever your doing, your creating something you personally enjoy. it really doesn't matter what anyone thinks of it as long as you enjoy writing the tunes......the dub step thing originates from a road trip i took with a buddy....his girlfriend had some dub step on her ipod and she was playing some songs. it reminded me of sounds from when i was in shop class in high school like a band saw, cutting wood at the same time as a skill saw while someone had some lumber going throught the plainer. It all kind of made a song lol kind of messed up, but thats what i got out of it...oh the memories :hbang:

Nublet

Sevenstring wannabe
Reaction score
Well I had a blast. It was a nice treat to finally getting to see you guys play live. Here's me hoping you'll return someday!

34tcrwh.jpg

Dayviewer

Mr. Djelecaster
Reaction score
Sounds great from the little descpription he gave! the band will probably get more shit from close minded people with that release than with PII but i simply can't wait to see how this turns out!

RobZero

BWOOOOWWWW™
Reaction score
saw them yesterday...what a show!!
really tight performance, awesome stage presence, and spencer...better than the cd, spot on-intonation, i couldn't believe my ears!
they were all amazing, but spencer really stole the show for me.

skisgaar

Master-debatur
Reaction score
I don't get the premise for hate against Periphery...like what is there to hate? I haven't seen any hate either really....

')