Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

Dan Halen

Reaction score
Why no Luck as A Constant? I think thatd make an awesome video considering that both Mish AND Jake have solos in that song. getting them both some spotlight time would be awesome.

Have a Blast, Erised and Mile Zero are ALL unlikely because of the guest solos. Not to say that they couldn't have one of the 3 guitarists do the solos like they do them live, but also not to say that the labels couldn't get one of the guest guitarists to appear in the video.

Really any of the songs would be good but I think that Luck as a constant would have the best story telling atmosphere for a video.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

I Voyager

Reaction score
I'd say Scarlet because it is short and sounds most "radio-friendly".

Yeah my guess would be Scarlet or Erised. MTD was meant to give an idea about the album and what the band is about, but the second single will probably aim for some crossover appeal.

bulb

Reaction score
I'll give you guys a clue (even though I really shouldn't!)
It's off of Periphery II: This Time It's Personal and it isn't MAKE TOTAL DESTROY!

RagtimeDandy

On a Musical Journey
Reaction score
I'll give you guys a clue (even though I really shouldn't!)
It's off of Periphery II: This Time It's Personal and it isn't MAKE TOTAL DESTROY!

y-u-no-guy.jpg

enigma1

Reaction score
I'd love to see them do Erised with a Petrucci guest appearance OUT OF NOWHERE! <_< >_>
But realistically it's probably Scarlet. Radio friendly, blah blah blah. Great song, though! I won't be disappointed either way. ^_^

bozothedeathmachine

Reaction score
Scarlet and Mile Zero* have the most single potential. I don't think it will be any of the trilogy.

I'd love for it to be Have a Blast, but just because I think that song needs as much as exposure to the general populace as possible because it's just that awesome.

*ETA: Erised has good single potential too. In that list of 3, I prefer Mile Zero.

Last edited:

Thrawn

Reaction score
Guys, it's going to be Scarlet as all the promo shots in major music magazines such as Revolver and Guitar World said "including Make Total Destroy and Scarlet" (paraphrased in case of incorrect quote but, you get the gist). That usually indidicates the second single and this is the second single. As much as we'd like it to be something else, it won't be!

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
Nolly just posted this on his facebook:

24458_10100322963542505_2043876246_n.jpg

If it was from the video shoot (My guess), I'm betting it's Scarlet (Based on the fact that he's all bloody haha).

')