Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

jjfiegel

Reaction score
Wish there was a midwest date or too as that's right in my Spring Break. Oh well. Man, Dream Theater, Deftones, Meshuggah, Cannibal Corpse, BTBAM, all within a year; you guys are super lucky with your touring bands, and with only two albums to boot!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, looks like I'm visiting home to hit up the NYC show. Mega props to you lads in Periphery for getting a dream tour :yesway:

bulb

Reaction score
Wish there was a midwest date or too as that's right in my Spring Break. Oh well. Man, Dream Theater, Deftones, Meshuggah, Cannibal Corpse, BTBAM, all within a year; you guys are super lucky with your touring bands, and with only two albums to boot!

We have been extremely fortunate haha, we don't deserve this, but we damn well will take it!!

I Voyager

Reaction score
We are touring with Deftones!!! YAYYYYYY!!!

03/08 Atlantic City, NJ – House Of Blues
03/09 New York, NY – Terminal 5
03/10 Montclair, NJ – Wellmont Theatre
03/12 Stroudsburg, PA – The Sherman Theatre
03/13 Norfolk, VA – The Norva
03/15 Nashville, TN – Marathon Music Works
03/16 Myrtle Beach, SC – House of Blues
03/17 Atlanta, GA – The Tabernacle
03/19 Miami, FL – Fillmore Miami Beach
03/21 St. Petersburg, FL – Jannus Live!
03/22 Orlando, FL – Hard Rock Live
03/23 Mobile, AL – Soul Kitchen
03/25 Baton Rouge, LA – The Varsity Theatre
03/26 Corpus Christi, TX – Concrete Street Amphitheater
03/27 Pharr, TX – Pharr Entertainment Center
03/29 Austin, TX – ACL Live at the Moody Theater
03/30 Houston, TX – Bayou Music Center
Ahh you're not playing the Huntington show :(

Oh well I'll go out to NYC. No biggie.

EDIT: nevermind, it's sold out :'(

I is a sad.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
We have been extremely fortunate haha, we don't deserve this, but we damn well will take it!!

What? You guys totally deserve it. I don't mean that in a fanboy way either. Seriously, the time and thought put into your music, the stellar live shows, the fan interaction, etc, makes you very, very deserving.

That being said... I'll be at the Orlando show. I'll FINALLY see y'all live! And with one of the best live bands I've ever had the pleasure of seeing?? Fuck I wish the show was tomorrow!

Congrats to you all.

bozothedeathmachine

Reaction score
Though bummed I won' be able to see Deftones, I was lucky enough to see the both the Dream Theater and BTBAM* shows. Awaiting the next European leg.

*ETA: Yeah, I'm gloating.

skisgaar

Master-debatur
Reaction score
Congrats on the Deftones tour guys! Wish you were with them when they come to the UK later next month though :/
But still, the best of luck to ya!

baptizedinblood

Z̶̭̠̻̳̲͗̎̾͒͛̃̒ͭ̚͢
Reaction score
Finding out Periphery is touring with Deftones was the highlight of my day.

Finding out they aren't coming to California was the saddest moment of my life.

Hybrid138

Reaction score
I'll be at the Austin gig hopefully! This is only a few weeks after BTBAM! It's gonna be an exciting month for concerts! :D

Artifacts in Motion

Form & Function
Reaction score
Can't say I'm too impressed by the new Juggy clip. I'm drawn to Periphery for more than the chuggas. However, I did hear a nice little riff thrown in there, which is a good thing in my book. Not making any assumptions about the album until I hear more clips!

I AM excited about seeing Deftones and Periphery in ONE night in Atlantic City.

Metalma5ness

doesn'towna7string
Reaction score
:bowdown: YES PLEASE.

Also, for the love of all things holy, we need a U.S. band to offer to bring out the guys in Ne Obliviscaris (they're Aussies, too, *nudge nudge*) When I think of what band I could see tapping them for support, y'all were the first to come to mind..

Periphery + Twelve Foot Ninja....... + Ne Obliviscaris.... :scream:

Trying to resist posting the songs 'Forget Not' and 'And Plague Flowers The Kaleidoscope' :shred: holy shit. *NOTE* If you're into Periphery, your face will melt appreciating their black metal spin on modern progressive.

Regardless, I am excite to hear who it's going to be... they have yet to let me down with any tour thus far

Damn, Never heard of Ne Obliviscaris, loving 'Forget Not' nice violin :hbang:

Dayviewer

Mr. Djelecaster
Reaction score
Can't say I'm too impressed by the new Juggy clip. I'm drawn to Periphery for more than the chuggas. However, I did hear a nice little riff thrown in there, which is a good thing in my book. Not making any assumptions about the album until I hear more clips!
Same! though the chugs do sound great already from that clip haha, however, I'm sure Spencer will throw some awesome vocals over this :)scream:) and that the rest of Juggernaut will definatly contain plenty of awesome riffs and melodies, really stoked to hear this thing.
Definatly with Mark already saying they would branch out even more on this one, which is only a good thing in my book :hbang:

On another note, Mothership will start tracking on wednesday so I've read :bowdown:

Artifacts in Motion

Form & Function
Reaction score
please dont start judging that early

Like I said, we can only wait for more clips to get a better idea of what the album will sound like. Even with the PII clips, nothing entirely came together until songs were released. Though, I'm hoping to see some drum tracking on this time around, because that didn't make it's way into any previous studio vlogs of the former album.

Dayviewer

Mr. Djelecaster
Reaction score
We're only saying what we thought of the little clip, not of Juggernaut as a whole, because we know there will be all kinds of different stuff on there, no judging haha.

CloudAC

Chaz
Reaction score
I too hope that Matt gets some drum clips out there. But even still... We don't even know if they'll release studio updates this time, maybe they want to keep it tight under wrap. Who knows. :) I like the clip though, it reminds me of the first studio video they released before PII and everyone was like 'too much chug!' and 'sounds like emmure!' ... :nuts: I have 100% faith in the guys. One of the handful of bands where I can just say 'I know the next album will not disappoint'.

Super stoked for The Mothership though, not long now till the release!! :D

')