Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Seeing as how the names of previous songs of theirs mostly aren't tied to anything lyrically or album-wise, I bet not.

I feel like at some point, Misha said the concept of Juggernaut related to the lyrical content of 'Jetpack Was Yes!'

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
I hated how Beck ended so abruptly :(, was really entertaining to watch and motivated me again to have a band just for the fun of it (although I really disliked some of the songs on the anime :lol:)

I haven't seen the anime for Beck, but I can only assume that it was the same as the manga. It sucked, it was really good, and I'm not that big a fan of most slice of life mangas.

As of now, the only anime I can say I'm watching right now is Initial D. It still gets updated, has a good story, and I can't deny that that eurobeat is catchy as fuck.

bulb

Reaction score
I feel like at some point, Misha said the concept of Juggernaut related to the lyrical content of 'Jetpack Was Yes!'

I said that was one of the possible concepts we would work around, but in the end we decided not to go with that.

isispelican

Reaction score
wut

92025023.png

jvms

Reaction score
In the case of a lot of animes, they shorten the story to fit 13-26 eps (1 or 2 seasons) which means they have to alter details and oftentimes the ending too, making the story end WAAAAAAY before it should (see Gantz, Beck etc.)
The only anime I am aware of that is pretty true to the manga would be Deathnote, and even with that there are some slight differences.

Then you have problems like Naruto faces, where the anime catches up to the manga, so while the manga is being written, they have to go on entire arcs or sometimes a few seasons worth of filler. You know there cannot be any significant character development, because the manga is coming out weekly and the anime is just trying to wait so enough new story can be out to make episodes again. I hate that.

So, what have you been reading/watching lately? After 4 or 5 years, in july I decided to watch animes again. Since then, I caught up with Naruto Shippudden from where I was in 2008, watched FMA and FMA:B and finished Bleach and now reading it's manga (my favorite so far). Thinking about watching Dragon Ball or Death Note now... do you have any sugestions?

Djent

Obviously!
Reaction score
According to a little RUMOR, Periphery's gonna be on Mayhem fest this year.

The full lineup:
Rob Zombie
Deftones
Killswitch Engage
All That Remains
In This Moment
Children of Bodom
Amon Amarth
Job for a Cowboy
Behemoth
Chelsea Grin
Periphery
Born of Osiris
After the Burial

Honestly, I've missed every Mayhem Fest, and I might consider going to this one...

bulb

Reaction score

The full lineup:
Rob Zombie
Deftones
Killswitch Engage
All That Remains
In This Moment
Children of Bodom
Amon Amarth
Job for a Cowboy
Behemoth
Chelsea Grin
Periphery
Born of Osiris
After the Burial

Honestly, I've missed every Mayhem Fest, and I might consider going to this one...

We are?

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score
So, what have you been reading/watching lately? After 4 or 5 years, in july I decided to watch animes again. Since then, I caught up with Naruto Shippudden from where I was in 2008, watched FMA and FMA:B and finished Bleach and now reading it's manga (my favorite so far). Thinking about watching Dragon Ball or Death Note now... do you have any sugestions?

Death Note, NAOW!

I always thought fanboys where exagereting, but seriously, is a really well made Anime, and the end IMO is one of the biggest mindfucks in a series evah

Opion

Sir Mattafer
Reaction score

The full lineup:
Rob Zombie
Deftones
Killswitch Engage
All That Remains
In This Moment
Children of Bodom
Amon Amarth
Job for a Cowboy
Behemoth
Chelsea Grin
Periphery
Born of Osiris
After the Burial

There's not enough crappy bands on this lineup to call it a real mayhem fest...

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Why are all of Misha's videos private now? I wanted to see the latest studio videos, and now they're gone!

')