Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

Dan Halen

Reaction score
Okay, going OT here, but seriously:
1345325944424_zps3dd88db5.png

Now you can't complain about Shinji anymore :fawk:

On another note: I am still super jelly of you American folk for getting to see Periphery AND Deftones in the same show :wallbash: FUCKING UK!!!!!

How dare you complain about the concert WE get when YOU get SOOOOOOOO MANY more great lineups then America gets. AND FUCKING FUCK AUSTRALIA. Even worse I live in pittsburgh....aint NOBODY want to play here.

But yah, that about sums up Shinji. he Has EVERY right to be whiney.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Halen

Reaction score
so what are some of your guys' favorite mangas? any recs?

Rurouni Kenshin
Ao No Exorcist
Busou Renkin
Freezing
Magi (anime is great too)
Eureka Seven AO (anime was pretty good)
Dark Air (Music references and characters named after Metal and Rock artists. Bad guys name is Zappa, and first cahr you mean is Dave Mustain hahah)
Negima! (Does start off really slow but gets pretty awesome)
Peacemaker (Shinsengumi Imon peacemaker is first, then it's Kurogane)

Kroaton

Reaction score
I'm not really a manga guy , but , Shingeki no Kyojin has been absolutely amazing so far. Violent and gory , great story , unique premise , typical shonen bitchy heroes.Fun times.

Experimorph

Reaction score
Great Teacher Onizuka and Shonan Junai Gumi (GTO: The Early Years) were absolutely hilarious. The best manga I ever read.

Angus Clark

Reaction score
I'd definitely tell you to watch the Bakemonogatari series, but I feel that some of it's awesome would be taken away if you don't understand Japanese. Anybody round here seen that series and know if this might be the case?

Also Baccano/Durarara. Made by the same guys, incredible stuff.

As for something a little more 'unknown', I rec. Mawaru Pendingrum, very abstract-y awesome-y.

NAMM was cool too, hehe

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
I couldn't refrain from thinking people would stop commenting Tosin's looks after seeing DAT COAT on the vector video. :D

Last manga I read is called "Planetes" and I heavily recommend it. Story of an orbital junk remover team.

Dan Halen

Reaction score
Is it just me, or is " Less anime/manga, more Periphery" a valid opinion?

I could dig it.

I mean you could just ignore the anime/manga posts and read the other content. I mean Misha did ask so why can't we oblige him? We're not here for your intrests, sorry that you don't like other peoples.

Housty00

Reaction score
I mean you could just ignore the anime/manga posts and read the other content. I mean Misha did ask so why can't we oblige him? We're not here for your intrests, sorry that you don't like other peoples.

Oh, I definitely will continue to do just that, man.
I mean, ( as much as I love him) Misha doesn't get to make the rules. Really trying to not be an asshole here, but if some Joe Schmoe totally "hijacked" a thread with a completely unrelated subject, he would be redirected to the appropriate thread/subforum no? That's all I'm saying.
Again, not trying to be an asshole, or belittle anyones interest, I'm just saying.

bulb

Reaction score
Signiore Misha,

What song is playing circa 4:48 (eg the intro to Xander)? I've wondered this for years.

Sincerely,
Me.

It's that april fools song that I did which Alex contributed vocals aka dog barking and howling to, it's called attempt insertion and it's on my soundclick haha

Dan Halen

Reaction score
Oh, I definitely will continue to do just that, man.
I mean, ( as much as I love him) Misha doesn't get to make the rules. Really trying to not be an asshole here, but if some Joe Schmoe totally "hijacked" a thread with a completely unrelated subject, he would be redirected to the appropriate thread/subforum no? That's all I'm saying.
Again, not trying to be an asshole, or belittle anyones interest, I'm just saying.

Im Just Saiyan too. It's not like it was really hijacked, and I think if it got bad enough then a mod would stop by and say something. But I think it can break from strict topic conversation for a minute or 2, considering there's no new super big crazy news other than the stuff that everyone's talked about over the past week or so.

splinter8451

Reaction score
The thread is more hijacked now by the argument you started over "da rulez" and assuring us you are not an asshole :rolleyes:

I'm sure if a mod found the thread derailed enough they would clean it up and say something. Like the mods always say, leave the moderation to the mods or hit the report button if you think something is breaking the rules.

ON TOPIC:

I hate watching that vid because it makes me remember that Not Enough Mana has not been released with Spencer vocals yet!! :lol:

')