Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
I love that clip, watching it you just get that sense of like "Here we go... Come on Spence you can do it!!!" :lol: Got that feeling with Jetpacks Was Yes when I saw them at Sonisphere 2011 and he fucking nailed those high notes like a boss. :agreed: Bring on May 3rd!!! :hbang::hbang::hbang:

Oh yeah definitely haha, I remember being worried about 3:08 in the new version of Jetpacks. But that was definitely squared away within a couple of weeks touring. The man's got an incredible voice, and his voice ages like wine :lol:.

EDIT: Also +1 to Passenger someday. I love that song.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AngstRiddenDreams

Filthy Casual
Reaction score
I seriously got chills listening to Spencer hit that high note in the second video. That was fucking insane. :hbang:

bulb

Reaction score
I want to try Ow My Feelings live again. We tried it a few times back in the day and it wasn't so hot, but I feel like we could do it justice now.
I also kinda miss playing Insomnia so I wouldn't mind bringing that back too, the only difficulty is that we are promoting our 2nd album.
Everyone including me would rather play songs from that album, and judging by crowd reactions 2nd album material goes over a lot better live as well.

So I guess we will see what happens...

squibble94

Reaction score
I want to try Ow My Feelings live again. We tried it a few times back in the day and it wasn't so hot, but I feel like we could do it justice now.
I also kinda miss playing Insomnia so I wouldn't mind bringing that back too, the only difficulty is that we are promoting our 2nd album.
Everyone including me would rather play songs from that album, and judging by crowd reactions 2nd album material goes over a lot better live as well.

So I guess we will see what happens...

That would be really awesome. Ow, My Feelings is the second Periphery song I heard that pretty much confirmed my love for your music. After the electronic break around 4:30 that epic sounding part would be incredible live. I get chills every time!

It seems you and the other guys don't talk about the Icarus EP songs too much. Is there any reason to that other than not being interested?

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
"Ow My Feelings" would be a pretty sick one to add to the setlist.

bozothedeathmachine

Reaction score
Nah, not yet, that's one of "those" ones like Ow My Feelings, Captain On, or Eureka.
Looks like the start of good setlist for the next tour.

Agreed. I love the first album and all. But nothing comes close "Have a Blast" live.

I'd love to see Racecar in the setlist again. Open with Trilogy, close with Racecar?
Flip that. They already closed with Racecar on the DT tour (and it was spectacular). The Trilogy would make an awesome encore though.

jehu12141987

Reaction score
Anyone coming to the St. Augustine FL gig on March 18th? Small venue, not a bad spot in the house!!! I have presales for only $13. Email me.

bulb

Reaction score
That would be really awesome. Ow, My Feelings is the second Periphery song I heard that pretty much confirmed my love for your music. After the electronic break around 4:30 that epic sounding part would be incredible live. I get chills every time!

It seems you and the other guys don't talk about the Icarus EP songs too much. Is there any reason to that other than not being interested?

We play New Groove and Frak, we haven't tackled Captain On or Eureka yet, and again we are on the wrong album cycle to bring those in.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
We play New Groove and Frak, we haven't tackled Captain On or Eureka yet, and again we are on the wrong album cycle to bring those in.

I really hope you guys either hit up Miami or Ft Lauderdale on your headliner. Last time I couldn't make it to Tampa and I was practically yearning to hear Racecar live haha. Would love to see you guys play for more than a half hour set.

The setlist I've been kind of concocting so far is... I literally just want to hear all of PII live with Racecar, Eureka, and All New Materials thrown in.

That was harder to decide than I expected it to be lol. :scratch:

bargil101

Reaction score
Can't wait till you guys play with Devin Townsend Project and Meshuggah... Really looking forward to that!

Chrisjd

Banned
Reaction score
I don't have a lot to contribute to this thread, but I wanted to say that "Facepalm mute" is, in my opinion, the best song they have written. It is instrumentally filled with groove, it's thick, super catchy, and the vocals are simply amazing.

on another note, what pickups are these guys using now?

Cynic

Bored Stiff
Reaction score

I realize how difficult Spencer's parts are after doing this.

skisgaar

Master-debatur
Reaction score
I don't have a lot to contribute to this thread, but I wanted to say that "Facepalm mute" is, in my opinion, the best song they have written. It is instrumentally filled with groove, it's thick, super catchy, and the vocals are simply amazing.

Just one line in that song is enough to make me go batshit insane:

HERE WE STAND, AT THE THRESH-HOLD OF PARADISE

:scream:

')