Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jonajon91

New Picture
Reaction score
Whats up with eureka? Is it a troll song or something? It seems like everything people stereotype/hate about djent music rolled into a few minutes. There are parts where it is just the ... sigh ... djent chord (0-0-0-2) over and over again to odd rhythms and then roodlie doodlie guitar parts over the top. It just seems too ... simple

wannabguitarist

Contributor
Reaction score
Whats up with eureka? Is it a troll song or something? It seems like everything people stereotype/hate about djent music rolled into a few minutes. There are parts where it is just the ... sigh ... djent chord (0-0-0-2) over and over again to odd rhythms and then roodlie doodlie guitar parts over the top. It just seems too ... simple

I always thought it sounded like Meshuggah unlike the rest of Periphery's material :shrug:

jonajon91

New Picture
Reaction score
i think u r rite m8, the 1rd time i listen to it i was like this" is way too simple 4 PEriphery". Must be joking, not enuff sweeps 4 me.

No need to be a dick about it, I didnt mean it was any worse, I just noticed that there were a few long passages that were just open string chugging.

bulb

Reaction score
:lol: just a question, he's only asking because everything else you do musically is generally more complex and interesting to listen to.

I just like to do a bit of everything, not everything except for open chugging parts. Check out insomnia, the walk, letter experiment, ow my feelings, ji, masamune off the top of my head for other songs that have parts like that, or don't if that kinda stuff bothers ya.

When we put out a joke song/troll song, we do generally make it pretty clear, and we don't put it up for sale.

lawizeg

Reaction score
I just like to do a bit of everything, not everything except for open chugging parts. Check out insomnia, the walk, letter experiment, ow my feelings, ji, masamune off the top of my head for other songs that have parts like that, or don't if that kinda stuff bothers ya.

Gotcha.

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
Just got back from the show. Man. Periphery sucked. Everyone was off time. Slightly out of tune here and there. Flub notes everywhere. I've never seen such a bad performance from such a popular band. :noplease:

:lol: In reality, Periphery kicked ass. Everyone played perfect, had a good time, Misha was pulling his usual dumb antics, like quietly slipping into the crowd during the show while still playing. Apparently I talk shit about Periphery on the forum though so yeah, Periphery sucked :fawk:

Nice seeing you again though, Misha! And I promise I really will get my Periphery tattoo soon! :rofl:

Workhorse

Reaction score
I am thinking of heading to a Periphery concert in NY, will anyone be going? I haven't given this band a thorough listen as I should, but I like what I hear so far, especially the newer stuff.

nicktao

Reaction score
Just got back from the show. Man. Periphery sucked. Everyone was off time. Slightly out of tune here and there. Flub notes everywhere. I've never seen such a bad performance from such a popular band. :noplease:

Almost had me there!

MarkPopkie

Reaction score
is Matt back with Mapex already? i'm seeing a mapex logo on the kick reso for this tour... what happened there?

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Anyone hear those tracks from Guitar World's EP? Apparently Tosin and Misha wrote two tracks called "Optimist" and "Pessimist" for this subscription deal. Might have to sign up since I'm actually interested in what comes with it, Dweezil and Weinman's tracks also. Asking Alexandria, not so much. :lol:

Nevermind, found it online. Don't know if it's legal to post here, but this sounds immense. That clip of Tosin playing his custom 8 String Acoustic came out SO differently, but in a very nice way.

TheShreddinHand

Uber Stringer
Reaction score
Anyone hear those tracks from Guitar World's EP? Apparently Tosin and Misha wrote two tracks called "Optimist" and "Pessimist" for this subscription deal. Might have to sign up since I'm actually interested in what comes with it, Dweezil and Weinman's tracks also. Asking Alexandria, not so much. :lol:

I very much want to hear those two Tosin/Misha tracks!

nicktao

Reaction score
That sounds immense thanks for the heads up man! 15$ for four tracks seems a bit much, hopefully they'll release them normally soon.

')