Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
How many guitars do you own misha?

Let's do the math!

blackboard.jpg

Khoi

Reaction score
Yeah, Matt is with Mapex! His kit is in an awesome dual sparkle color, may have to get a guitar with that finish haha!

I know it's not exactly our business to know, but was it partially due to the fact that the Yamaha drum division essentially dissolved with the departure of Sakae? Or did Yamaha not provide as much support as an endorser as Mapex?

Malkav

Washing your dishes.
Reaction score
Or did Yamaha not provide as much support as an endorser as Mapex?

I'm not sure if Misha can really say, and I don't have any experience with Yamaha so this isn't to knock them, but I work at a distributor who imports Mapex into our country, among a bunch of other brands (Fender, Roland, Akai, Zildjian etc) and Mapex has always been one of the most "on it" brands when it comes to their endorsees coming down and in general their back up support.

I honestly wish I could get the drummer in my band off of Pearl and onto Mapex for this reason alone, well that and I honestly think quite a few of the Mapex kits, even in the more affordable category actually sound pretty bad ass.

RagtimeDandy

On a Musical Journey
Reaction score
2-1-2-3 for the first 2, the 3rd one's the one that trips you up. I know nothing about rhythms but it seems like it starts during the end of the last measure of the 2nd one

bulb

Reaction score
It's just something I was jamming on in Mauritius forever ago, don't really remember why, sometimes riffs just happen, which is nice cuz it makes my life easy when it happens haha.

goth_fiend

Reaction score
saw you guys in san fransisco last week and it was a killer show (bummed I didnt get a chance to meet you but awesome show dude) spencer was mentioning you guys havent really started writing for juggernaut, is that just dealing with how much touring youve been doing as of late? also what is the actual tuning on scarlet?

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
It's just something I was jamming on in Mauritius forever ago, don't really remember why, sometimes riffs just happen, which is nice cuz it makes my life easy when it happens haha.

Judging from the surge of soundclick uploads that would come every time you went to Mauritius years ago, you should do that more :lol:

samdaman87

Metal Cholo
Reaction score
I know this is off topic, but what are you favorite comic books at comicon this year? Did you get to play your guitar at comicon? What was the most intriguing thing you saw at comicon?

')