Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

RagtimeDandy

On a Musical Journey
Reaction score
Even though they were only able to play 4 songs at the Knoxville Slaughter date (tech issues), they were still the funnest/craziest show that night other than Dillinger. Absolutely amazing.

Oh man they only got 4 in? I heard about the tech issues, I didn't know it was THAT bad :eek: But agreed with them being the craziest show of the night. Personally (and it's my own bias partially), they really shouldve been the headliner. People went APESHIT when Icarus lives started and that energy didn't stop till the second the show ended. There were significantly more people in the venue and up close when they were playing, and you could just feel the whole place having a damn good time. With Dillinger you just had a bunch of shirtless muscular dudes running at each other with some people around them. There wasn't that full scale ".... YEAH" throughout the whole venue. I'm really hoping to see them be the headliner in 2014 or 2015, I think it'd go over extremely well.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jjfiegel

Reaction score
Oh man I thought he lived in North Carolina. Cool stuff thanks

russtolium

Reaction score
They were the last two bands to play before DEP when I saw them last week, I think Periphery was around 8:30 or so and AAL after, so maybe 9:15 or 9:30?

hk_golgatha

has two first names
Reaction score
When I saw em a week and a half or so back, both bands seemed to play for about 45 minutes.
I think Periphery played maybe... 8 songs or so? Mark and Sponce have posted pics of a set (the spoderman set) they used on like night 1 of Slaughter, pretty sure that's what they've been playing.

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
All kinds of live videos has been posted here before (and as far as I remember, the band is more than happy to see live footage of themselves), so I'd suppose so.

JoeChugs

Reaction score

Yo Misha! Last night was my 16 yr old brother's 1st metal show, and you guys absolutely blew him away. I was jealous of his eye/ear opening experience haha. He also bought a CD. Thanks for a great show.

I'll have the videos up some time today when I get them uploaded. I got a few clips of songs and the entire Have a Blast.

-One-

Not So Kool-Aid
Reaction score
So is anyone else here going to the show in Chicago on Monday, and maybe wanna hang out during the show? Me and my bandmates (drummer aside) are going, and we're all pretty stoked to see Periphery, although they've both seen 'em before.

nicktao

Reaction score
All new materials and mile zero unplugged would be sex.

New Age Moron

Reaction score
Does anyone have info on the new track Periphery recorded with David Bendeth? I can't wait to hear the band's next evolution :shred:

Veldar

Is Post-Thrash?
Reaction score
A girl from work asked me why I liked all the "Scremo crap" (Meshuggah, Vision of disorder, at the gates was what I was playing) I said for the technical music, and she said she hated it because of the vocals so I put Scarlet on and now she wants a copy of the album. :lol:

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
A girl from work asked me why I liked all the "Scremo crap" (Meshuggah, Vision of disorder, at the gates was what I was playing) I said for the technical music, and she said she hated it because of the vocals so I put Scarlet on and now she wants a copy of the album. :lol:

A solid proof that Periphery gets you all the ladies.

Sebski

Reaction score
When Mark said that was his interpretation of Mile Zero acoustically, I was kinda disappointed as I'm pretty sure he just played it exactly how it would be on an electric. Thought he was gonna get the vocals voicing in there some how.

Nonetheless, I'd still like to see more acoustic material from Periphery to the like of Froggin Bullfish's outro.

')