Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bulb

Reaction score
Bulb, please do us, the rest of the fans, and yourselves a favor: Never make a "lyric video." Because they're lazy and dumb.

I believe we already have a couple, and they have been very useful, so despite your personal feelings about them, we will most likely continue to make those as they are a great promotional tool for relatively little money. If you would like to ensure that the next one is to your taste we will happily let you fund it!

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
I believe we already have a couple, and they have been very useful, so despite your personal feelings about them, we will most likely continue to make those as they are a great promotional tool for relatively little money. If you would like to ensure that the next one is to your taste we will happily let you fund it!

Fair enough, didn't know about them (which, admittedly, makes me wonder how effective they really are...).

I know they're cheap. And I know that some of them display creativity. But that's a pretty small portion. It just seems so "easy way," and the finished product really doesn't speak to anything about the band itself.

Yes, I know the whole spiel. Grows the fan base, makes business sense, etcetera. But good music videos of old (and plenty of new ones, although good ones seem to be a dying breed now) had a certain artistry. These lyric videos come across as a really transparent marketing scheme.

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
Frankly I'd rather watch a video of the band jammin the song with it synced up to the studio version. That must be at least as cheap as making a lyric video. Obviously just a video of the band actually playing the song in a studio (Like those Corelia or Tesseract videos) would be better, but I'm not altogether aware of the cost of that.

bulb

Reaction score
Frankly I'd rather watch a video of the band jammin the song with it synced up to the studio version. That must be at least as cheap as making a lyric video. Obviously just a video of the band actually playing the song in a studio (Like those Corelia or Tesseract videos) would be better, but I'm not altogether aware of the cost of that.

Sure those are good too, but one of the main things that makes lyric videos so effective is the fact that they display and focus on the lyrics. Kinda cool.
The beauty of all of this is, you don't HAVE to do any of these, so when you have your band, you can choose to do exactly what you want to do, very much as we have!

hk_golgatha

has two first names
Reaction score
- Periphery III: This Time With More Petrucci Guest Solos -

Or would that be P4 with Protest taking P3 (at least until recently)?
Seriously, though. Petrucci is such a good dude.

matt397

Tr00f
Reaction score
I'd love to hear who they have planned to appear on the next album if anyone. It would be pretty neat if they got some vocal appearances, like Corey Taylor, Rody Walker, Greg Pucciatio, Dave Grohl...

Edit: and Devin Fucking Townsend

Last edited:

Opion

Sir Mattafer
Reaction score
So how exactly did Spencer get a black eye? Did he go on stage during Dillinger or something?

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
:lol: ^that

Glad you guys had a good show though! I missed you guys last time you were in Denver too :( definitely not gonna let that happen a third time in a row

CelestialParasite

Reaction score
I hope you guys will come to western new York sometime (Rochester or buffalo) I wanted to go to summer slaughter in Clifton park, ny but a 5 hour drive by myself there and another back didn't sit well with me. Can't wait to get your deluxe overdrive misha, still being made I think. Love you guys! :hbang:

DVRP

The HUMANCENTiPAD
Reaction score
Scumbag Periphery, Comes to Canada, doesn't come to Vancouver

On the real though, Have you guys NOT received an offer to play here yet? I find that unbelievable! :wallbash:

')