right_to_rage

Avant Temporal
Reaction score
ummmm... I'd have to say

TRIPLE GUITAR ACTION!?
:djent:

I like them because its all of the elements of prog-metal that no other band has yet brought to such a high level of awesome. The insane technical performances, immense song writing skills, awesome vocals, and the way they can play everything in an over the top prog metal way and have it all balance. I just feel very little of the "fast forward to the solo" as much as I feel "listen to this album and experience this fucking band!". Even with Sikth if felt that there were parts that weren't working towards an overall artistic vision, IMO.

Not to mention as a musician they are inspiring because they brought them self up into the business on their own, and recorded their own fucking-awesome-ballsauce album without any outside support until the shipping date (minus tour promotion, which Misha does on his own 90% of the time).

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

avenger

Reaction score
How can you go by "hype" about music? There really is no "bad" music, and any hype is well deserved as people like it, so if you don't like it, don't worry, it's just your taste.
Well at least on this forum the album was really hyped up. Did it live up to the hype is a matter of opinion. I am not going to state any sort of opinion related to the band... certainly not here. I have been banned enough already. :lol:

Not taking anything away from the band etheir, not at all. Good musicians.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
We're all on the same page in understanding that "djent" is a term several years old and is used to describe a specific style of picking/palm muting and it's not a genre of music... right?

"Fuck! I heard this new band the other day..."

"Sweet, what style are they?"

"They're Chugga-da-chuggada-chuggada-chuggada"

"Oh man... I love that shit. Did you hear those pussies down the road started a new band?"

"You mean Brad Grifford and his brother? What kinda band is it?"

"You know, one of those weedly-weedly-whee-squee-weedly-squee-squee bands"

"...cunts"

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well at least on this forum the album was really hyped up. Did it live up to the hype is a matter of opinion.

That's because it's an international release by an artist who was a regular on this board back when he was a nobody and he shared his songs and the writing process with us as these same songs got developed. I think we deserve to celebrate. It's bulb/Periphery's success but we share in it a little, like proud parents or at least godparents. :D

GoreNotCore

Reaction score
dont EVER go to a GWAR show! or you shall have a face full of the "cuddlefish of cathulu"!
lol ive seen gwar plenty, i know what to expect from them

drmosh said:
Maybe he didn't like you shoving your head into his crotch for 30 mins?

if that were the situation, then he was the one in the position to stop. i was stuck in a crowd dumbass.

anyway, i figured i would piss people off with that question, but im truly curious. i didnt see any mindblowing stuff really. although i only heard pieces of songs that didnt have the feminine vocals. the band is a bunch of cool guys tho, i like them as people. But i did kinda blow them off to go fuck with despised icon haha.

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
if that were the situation, then he was the one in the position to stop. i was stuck in a crowd dumbass.

dumbass? really original, you're good! And you obviously have no sense of humour either.

and complaining about someone being to close to you at a CONCERT is actually the dumbest thing I've ever heard

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Congrats, you held it together for 23 posts. Enjoy a day off.

Jango

Reaction score
The CD FINALLY came in at the local music shop and it's immense! I'm starting to get my friends (even those who don't listen to metal) into it, and am trying to get them all to buy it. Good job Misha and the rest of the band!

Wiz

Reaction score
Oh my gosh, I just found out that the album is available on the Zune store!! Downloading right now.

I'm actually curious Bulb, how does the deal between a band and Zune store work? Are you paid per download or only when someone buys the album?

Edit: I also noticed that the instrumental version is available too. Win.

BrainArt

Deftones Guru.
Reaction score
IMO It did live up to the hype. I know a few people (including myself) have purchased it more than once. :lol:

:agreed: On the album living up to the hype and the purchasing more than once, bits. When I find myself with the money, I'm buying the itunes version, so I can have Captain On.

Also, I played the album version of All New Materials for my mom, and she said that she dug it. So I put the instrumental and regular albums on her ipod for her. :wub:

Prydogga

Giddyup.
Reaction score
Rofl: "I know the beginning sounds a lot like icarus lives by periphery, i´m really sorry for that pls don´t be mad at me"

Why write it like that then? Couldn't just come up with a different opening riff?

')