Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

goherpsNderp

no refutin' rasputen
Reaction score
sorry for posting it guys, i didn't mean to piss anyone off.

i wouldn't worry too much about it. plenty of leaked stuff gets posted on SS, but this thread just so happens to be regularly checked by someone from the band, so he requested you take it down. not a biggie. you changed your post.

some bands care about that kind of stuff and some don't. i've been allowed to hear stuff from bands before offline and was asked not to show anyone. so as long as you respect their wishes it's all gravy.

i would have changed my link to a video of a leak though to be cheeky. (ie: leaky pipe, sink, etc.)

TomTom8theworld

Reaction score
i wouldn't worry too much about it. plenty of leaked stuff gets posted on SS, but this thread just so happens to be regularly checked by someone from the band, so he requested you take it down. not a biggie. you changed your post.

some bands care about that kind of stuff and some don't. i've been allowed to hear stuff from bands before offline and was asked not to show anyone. so as long as you respect their wishes it's all gravy.

i would have changed my link to a video of a leak though to be cheeky. (ie: leaky pipe, sink, etc.)

ah alright. i posted it with the intent of starting conversation and all that jazz but yeah, it didn't go as planned aha XD.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Been hearing a lot of negativity over Feed the Ground, people don't realize that Matt's and Spencer's song are probably going to sound very similar to The Mothership. In fact Feed the Ground IS a Mothership song, they had posted a teaser for it's chorus quite some time ago. Sadly it's probably going to spark more discussion from the people that don't realize this.

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
Been hearing a lot of negativity over Feed the Ground, people don't realize that Matt's and Spencer's song are probably going to sound very similar to The Mothership. In fact Feed the Ground IS a Mothership song, they had posted a teaser for it's chorus quite some time ago. Sadly it's probably going to spark more discussion from the people that don't realize this.

This is why I'm excited for Spencer's song. Love the stuff he's written for The Mothership.

allthatjazz

Regular Dj0nter
Reaction score
I can't wait for an actual The Mothership release. I need it in my life.

How Is Babby Killed is my favorite song!

Also, just pre-ordered Clear! Got the package with the poster and the t-shirt! I honestly don't think I'm going to listen to anything else for the next three months after this comes out. I mean, I already can't stop listening to the teaser video for it! :lol:

toiletstand

/\'...'/\
Reaction score
those pickups sound sweet

i also just wanted to make 'CLEAR' ( eh eh?) that i didnt post any leaked material but the video interview with john petrucci that jake shared on his FB the other day. The video was made private later on. so maybe the mods confused the links or something?

I'm pretty well aware of the rules here and i respect when bands dont want their material shared before the intended release. either way, sorry about posting a bad link dudes

Zalbu

More time than skill
Reaction score

Now this is how you capitalize on the whole djent/home production craze. I wonder how much this will cost compared to a copy of Superior Drummer.

gfactor

Reaction score

Now this is how you capitalize on the whole djent/home production craze. I wonder how much this will cost compared to a copy of Superior Drummer.

Who's gonna write a minute long song using this as the drum track? :cool:

Seriously though, those drums sound huge. Will be using this a reference for mixing heavy drums.

')