Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's because it's an international release by an artist who was a regular on this board back when he was a nobody and he shared his songs and the writing process with us as these same songs got developed. I think we deserve to celebrate. It's bulb/Periphery's success but we share in it a little, like proud parents or at least godparents. :D

Or really obsessed more than a little creepy next door neighbors in the case of some people on here :stalker: :rofl:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
Rofl: "I know the beginning sounds a lot like icarus lives by periphery, i´m really sorry for that pls don´t be mad at me"

Why write it like that then? Couldn't just come up with a different opening riff?

My main problem with it is the boringness of the riffs he uses. I wouldn't mind if the song actually grooved a bit. :lol:

mikernaut

pixel pusher
Reaction score
Bah that's pretty much audio plagiarism right there. It's way too close to Bulb's "Icarus Lives" Sure it's abit different but you can tell for damn sure what the source material is. Shame on that dude.

bulb

Reaction score
yay! just arrived in perth! 30+ hours of traveling and we are finally here!

sup guys!!

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
I saw the pictures on Facebook Misha. That place looks like hell. :lol:

HAve the times of your lives. you guys deserve it! :yesway:

Antenna

Oh God Damnit!
Reaction score
Its almost like being in the opening scene of Saving Private Ryan, when you come into a new country you've never been before and all that anxiousness you've felt in your stomach is almost unbearable. You're ready to do the job you came there to do, and now you just know you have to come into this country PWN that shit and the people there and leave it alot more PWNED than it was before ( which could be alot of PWNage, you might have to take a pwning break just cuz you might be pwning so much.) But I mean, you know thats just IMO and the only time I had those feelings were Iraq.

by the way, why the fuck did that guy post that video up there? Does he need some pwnage too?

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
We're all on the same page in understanding that "djent" is a term several years old and is used to describe a specific style of picking/palm muting and it's not a genre of music... right?

Nope, I believe it has come to describe a genre of music. But I won't get into that because I don't want to derail this thread. :lol:

Got mine ordered, got to wait so long though. :(

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It can be described as a genre of music if you're inclined to lump together a lot of bands that have little in common minus polyrhythms and their picking style. I am not. :D

Back on topic, I actually came in here to say :bump: for the fact that the solo in Letter Experiment is fucking awesome.

glassmoon0fo

Some Say...
Reaction score
minor gripe alert:

so, i LOVE periphery. LOVE EM. just to get that out of the way.

the guitar work, the drumming, the mix of the album, spencer as the new singer, love it all. but does it throw off anybody else that every 7th word on the album is either "memories" or "dreams"? i mean, i get that theyre going for a surreal type of atmoshpere in the first place, but those two words are repeated so many times over the course of the album that they almost lose meaning to me. plus, i find it hard to rock out when the lyrics keep reminding me of feelings and shit.

LOVE PERIPHERY. just sayin.

-One-

Not So Kool-Aid
Reaction score
Hmm.
In the longer clean section in the second half of Insomnia, Spencer's vocals were obviously processed and layered with the unaltered tracks. Did you use autotune, Melodyne, a vocoder, or something else for that effect?

corellia_guitar

Reaction score
minor gripe alert:

so, i LOVE periphery. LOVE EM. just to get that out of the way.

the guitar work, the drumming, the mix of the album, spencer as the new singer, love it all. but does it throw off anybody else that every 7th word on the album is either "memories" or "dreams"? i mean, i get that theyre going for a surreal type of atmoshpere in the first place, but those two words are repeated so many times over the course of the album that they almost lose meaning to me. plus, i find it hard to rock out when the lyrics keep reminding me of feelings and shit.

LOVE PERIPHERY. just sayin.

you forgot ascend/ascension, soul, and light :p

')