Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

bulb

Reaction score
Hmm.
In the longer clean section in the second half of Insomnia, Spencer's vocals were obviously processed and layered with the unaltered tracks. Did you use autotune, Melodyne, a vocoder, or something else for that effect?

there is the one section which i think you are referring to where we flattened the harmonies in melodyne to give that "robotic vocoder" sort of effect.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

-One-

Not So Kool-Aid
Reaction score
there is the one section which i think you are referring to where we flattened the harmonies in melodyne to give that "robotic vocoder" sort of effect.
Thanks a lot, that would be the part I was talking about.
That was a really clever idea, and I think it sounds a lot better than most people who abuse Melodyne (I'm looking at you, T-Pain), although I'm glad you used it sparingly :lol:

bulb

Reaction score
we used that effect from time to time, its kinda like recreating a vocoder

-One-

Not So Kool-Aid
Reaction score
Yeah, I've noticed it in other places than that, but that's the one that really impressed me the most.
It was really interesting to hear Melodyne used just on the harmonies like that, and now I'm sure a bunch of people are going to start doing it :lol:

eventhetrees

What's a Panini?
Reaction score
minor gripe alert:

so, i LOVE periphery. LOVE EM. just to get that out of the way.

the guitar work, the drumming, the mix of the album, spencer as the new singer, love it all. but does it throw off anybody else that every 7th word on the album is either "memories" or "dreams"? i mean, i get that theyre going for a surreal type of atmoshpere in the first place, but those two words are repeated so many times over the course of the album that they almost lose meaning to me. plus, i find it hard to rock out when the lyrics keep reminding me of feelings and shit.

LOVE PERIPHERY. just sayin.

Always thought that, then actually listening again today, it really stood out to me haha

glassmoon0fo

Some Say...
Reaction score
"fall" and "the fall" get referenced a lot as well
i dont really know why, but ever since we started putting those lyrics in, i last longer in bed!

thats weird, cuz when i hear periphery in my head in bed, i finish quicker. i even use it for a little "help" when she isnt getting the job done. hm, different strokes, i guess :lol:

warped

Reaction score
yay! just arrived in perth! 30+ hours of traveling and we are finally here!

sup guys!!

Perth? What gear did you guys bring with you? Are you gonna be rocking the ENGL or the axeFx?

Weather has been kinda cold in Melbourne lately... Cant wait for the show on Wed!!

DDDorian

Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Do you guys have any idea when you'll be hitting the stage at the Sydney show? I'm gonna be working at a country music festival relatively close to Sydney so if you guys are on late enough I *might* be able to make your set.

bulb

Reaction score
Im not sure as it might be different every day but we did go on at 830 yesterday!

Perth? What gear did you guys bring with you? Are you gonna be rocking the ENGL or the axeFx?

Weather has been kinda cold in Melbourne lately... Cant wait for the show on Wed!!

We all brought our Axefx's and 1 guitar.

PnKnG

Banned
Reaction score
Im not sure as it might be different every day but we did go on at 830 yesterday!

So...How are you running the Axe-FX?
DI or via power amp and a cab?

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
So who here went to the Perth show?

warped

Reaction score

Cool! Hope you have a blast! Will come and say g'day tomoz night!

Joeywilson

Banned
Reaction score
Don't know if this has been answered already (sorry if it has) but how come the lyric booklet contains the censored version of Icarus lives?

(Just so you know i bought this album 3 times, and two t-shirts...:ugh: /fanboi)

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
Looks like Periphery start at 8:30 tonight.
I'll be leaving soon to get there, will report back to this thread about how the gig went. I've never seen TDEP live before, so I'm hoping this is an insane experience:metal:

JeddyH

Reaction score
Just came back from TDEP in Melb, but I was really there for Periphery.
Got autographs from most of the band and talked for a bit, Alex kept commenting on my shiny US pre order shirt which was cool.
Good times were had by all :)

')