Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Judge Dredd

groover
Reaction score
the rest of the footage i took was from further back center. didn't turn out as good as the walk, I'll upload it tomorrow morning for you guys

bulb

Reaction score
hey guys, i caught their set in Melbourne Australia the other night. All i have uploaded for now is "the walk" i captured the footage in 1080p and the sound isn't to bad either.. If only Tom took a step back (... or i stepped left :p) we'd have a better shot of Matt ahh well

thanks for posting up dude!! thats actually way better sound quality than i was expecting! Hope you enjoyed the show!

bulb

Reaction score
The rico :eek:

So how is it!?

Dude...best live guitar ever.
Unreal how huge it sounds despite how light it is. It is the only guitar i have used live that has withstood the beating i give it, even though it traveled 3000 miles to dc, then 12000 miles to perth, then all around and 12000 miles back, its still in tune perfectly set up perfectly. I didnt even have to touch the tuning on anything other than the first two strings (to retune for racecar).
The only slight issue i have with it is that although the Blazes sound great toewise, they arent nearly as tight as my BKPs, but thats an easy fix!

Im going to buy it and swap the blazes out for a BKP set!

Cheesebuiscut

Loves his Q-tuners
Reaction score
Bernie had this planned all along :evil:

Will ibanez let you play it in the future when / if they get you some more stuff?

MJS

Reaction score
Dude...best live guitar ever.
Unreal how huge it sounds despite how light it is. It is the only guitar i have used live that has withstood the beating i give it, even though it traveled 3000 miles to dc, then 12000 miles to perth, then all around and 12000 miles back, its still in tune perfectly set up perfectly. I didnt even have to touch the tuning on anything other than the first two strings (to retune for racecar).

Sounds like my RG7321... I barely have to re-adjust the truss rod and all 7 strings if a fly lands on the headstock while I'm playing. :lol:

bluffalo

Reaction score
so bulb, have you organised soundwave yet? :hbang: get onto it!
howabouts you get devin townsend to come along next year too? :hbang:
and since meshuggah came this year, why don't you ask them along again?

it was awesome to see you guys, and like it was said, mindblowing to think that you can release a debut album then tour Australia of all places a few weeks later.

hope you liked it here!

bulb

Reaction score
We have played Canadia a bunch of times already and we are definitely coming back, maybe as soon as this summer!

so bulb, have you organised soundwave yet? :hbang: get onto it!
howabouts you get devin townsend to come along next year too? :hbang:
and since meshuggah came this year, why don't you ask them along again?

it was awesome to see you guys, and like it was said, mindblowing to think that you can release a debut album then tour Australia of all places a few weeks later.

hope you liked it here!

We are definitely trying to make that happen! Its really up to if they want us to play or not at this point because we have told everyone that we would love to come back and do that, especially seeing how well we seemed to be received down there, so fingers crossed it may just work out!

Jay Jay

The Djent Plane
Reaction score
Guys!
All I listen to anymore is Periphery!
Somebody help me stop!
I don't want to overplay them!
It's already getting boring!
HELP!

DVRP

The HUMANCENTiPAD
Reaction score
You guys should make your way over to the west coast of Canadia ;)

Opeth666

Reaction score
Ill be honest and say at first I wasn't digging Periphery at all and spencers vocals are still kind of MEhh on some tracks, but overall i'd give the album a 8 out of 10. the mix is amazing...so i consider you guys a guilty pleasure...in a sense..

also...I bought two copies, first the Digital off of Itunes then the Physical...why? because I like supporting up and coming bands especially the ones off of the .org. Keep up the good work and hopefully Ill catch a show in the future

now on to buy some shirts!

matt397

Tr00f
Reaction score
Ill be honest and say at first I wasn't digging Periphery at all and spencers vocals are still kind of MEhh on some tracks, but overall i'd give the album a 8 out of 10. the mix is amazing...so i consider you guys a guilty pleasure...in a sense..

also...I bought two copies, first the Digital off of Itunes then the Physical...why? because I like supporting up and coming bands especially the ones off of the .org. Keep up the good work and hopefully Ill catch a show in the future

now on to buy some shirts!

meh, I thought spencers vocals were the next best thing next to casey. Though I do find in on or two spots that certain notes sounded way way way too forced and could of been simply been cleaned up a bit. Overall though I still give the album a 9.9 out of 10 cause this is the shit I have been looking for for years. Oh and holy mary mother of fuck was Zyglrox ever good. :hbang:

')