Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

MerlinTKD

EIght.Fold.Path / Hinge Theory
Contributor
Reaction score
Moshing is one thing, but what you guys are describing is Slam Dancing, or at least the modern version of it. Not a fan of it myself.

Slam dancing I could deal with, no problem, if you mean the punk-style slamming into each other... hell, at Sevendust shows I've been in the middle of it, knocked down and picked up, knocked others down and picked them up... you come away sore, like a good workout, maybe accidents happen, but it's all in good fun. This crap was wild flailing of fists and booted feet, with the obvious intention of taking up as much space as possible... then moving that into where people are. Pointless, as far as I could tell, except to hurt someone.

Anyway, sorry for the derail... I may not go back to the venue, but the show (and the guys) were phenomenal! :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

squibble94

Reaction score
If anyone got footage of the new song played tonight, please share! :hbang:

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
That end jam! Oh dang. Didn't dig the vocals one bit until Spencer started yelling, but the music was badass.

JoeChugs

Reaction score
it took a second to adjust to the sound, but about halfway through I caught the vibe. When the heavier part came in during the end, the band seemed to have complete control over the crowd, lots of underlying tension and energy being released.

it was truly amazing, and I can't wait for january

btbamthewell

Reaction score
trying so hard not to listen to it!

Think I'm going to try and go into this album completely blind.

fps

Kit
Reaction score
That is a seriously emo song. Screaming occasionally doesn't change that. Still, on the 10th anniversary of the release of I, it's nice to hear those Meshuggah hanging cleans.

hypotc

Reaction score
Kr8eQ8.gif

Richie666

Reaction score
I LOVE the direction their music is heading. The pace is so deliberate and controlled. Very atmospheric. Unfortunately I really wasn't diggin the clean vocals...at all.

Slunk Dragon

Gear Nerder
Reaction score
Love that heavy grooving. Totally wish I could see these guys live again so I could witness them playing Masamune live, it's easily one of my favorite tracks off of II.

')