Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Double album AND coming to Charlotte right before I probably move? That's some pretty spectacular news right there. I can go to bed at peace now.

bozothedeathmachine

Reaction score
IIRC, it was originally meant to be a double album, but then they went on the Dream Theater tour and thought they might have to sacrifice some material. Glad to hear that's not the case.

Scrubface05

Reaction score
Seeing the Jan 17th show in Houston, moving to Denver, seeing the show on the 31st lol.
Win!
Extremely excited to hear both albums front to back, methinks it'll be epic.

Slunk Dragon

Gear Nerder
Reaction score
I hope I can see them next year. I was going to see them when they came through to Lansing on the last tour, but I'm so damn low on money I couldn't afford to see them then.

Totally stoked to hear two new albums of Periphery music, though!

MerlinTKD

EIght.Fold.Path / Hinge Theory
Contributor
Reaction score
Double album AND coming to Charlotte right before I probably move? That's some pretty spectacular news right there. I can go to bed at peace now.

You in CLT Joose? My and my girlfriend are trying to decide between the opening Cat's Cradle show and the Filmore date...

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
You in CLT Joose? My and my girlfriend are trying to decide between the opening Cat's Cradle show and the Filmore date...

Yessir, for now at least. Fillmore is a pretty nice venue from what I've heard.

MerlinTKD

EIght.Fold.Path / Hinge Theory
Contributor
Reaction score
Yessir, for now at least. Fillmore is a pretty nice venue from what I've heard.

It's great! Super organized and efficient, clean, good lines of sight pretty much everywhere in the room, sound system is top notch (never needed earplugs, even with BTBAM, Devin Townsend, Deftones)... my girlfriend calls in "the Starbucks of live venues"! :lol:

Probably hit that one... the new Cat's Cradle is basically a concrete box, but more importantly, I work til 6 that day and wouldn't make it on time! :fawk: So most likely Charlotte for us!

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
It's great! Super organized and efficient, clean, good lines of sight pretty much everywhere in the room, sound system is top notch (never needed earplugs, even with BTBAM, Devin Townsend, Deftones)... my girlfriend calls in "the Starbucks of live venues"! :lol:

Probably hit that one... the new Cat's Cradle is basically a concrete box, but more importantly, I work til 6 that day and wouldn't make it on time! :fawk: So most likely Charlotte for us!

Sounds like the perfect venue for a band as flawless as Periphery then!

Oh, January... you're too far away.

Xplozive

Reaction score
So excited for the new albums. Find it strange theyre releasing two albums rather than a double album.

On the other hand im from sydney and ill actually be in the usa on holiday so im going to catch periphery in newcyork. So excited. Going to be the 6th time ill see them live..might even catch them in abq if the dates match up for when im there..cannot wait!!

Forcthe new yorkians..if thats the correct term how is the irving plaza for a venue?

bulb

Reaction score
So excited for the new albums. Find it strange theyre releasing two albums rather than a double album.

On the other hand im from sydney and ill actually be in the usa on holiday so im going to catch periphery in newcyork. So excited. Going to be the 6th time ill see them live..might even catch them in abq if the dates match up for when im there..cannot wait!!

Forcthe new yorkians..if thats the correct term how is the irving plaza for a venue?

We wanted to have two discs but not force people getting physical copies to get both at once if they didn't want to. Also with it being a long album we wanted people to digest it properly and felt that if it was part of a double album the second half might have less importance than the first. Finally being able to have separate artwork for each half and not having to do one of those bulky double disc cases (which brick and mortar stores are not big fans of stocking) or one of those flimsy slim double cases was much more enticing to us.

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
We wanted to have two discs but not force people getting physical copies to get both at once if they didn't want to. Also with it being a long album we wanted people to digest it properly and felt that if it was part of a double album the second half might have less importance than the first. Finally being able to have separate artwork for each half and not having to do one of those bulky double disc cases (which brick and mortar stores are not big fans of stocking) or one of those flimsy slim double cases was much more enticing to us.

Pre-orders are going to be for both discs though, correct? I'm curious to see how you've worked all that out with all the various artwork and all that typically goes along with pre-orders.

jjfiegel

Reaction score
Pre-orders are going to be for both discs though, correct? I'm curious to see how you've worked all that out with all the various artwork and all that typically goes along with pre-orders.

I think they said there would be preorders for each album, and preorders for both together.

bulb

Reaction score

Personally I think preorders might make more sense as a bundle since those cater to the more loyal fanbase and those people will likely want both albums, but keeping it separate after release will be good for casual fans. Ultimately we will figure it out with our management and label.

Xplozive

Reaction score
Makes sense

Cant wait to here some all new materials:hbang:

')